Post by Coatgallou »

Yes to format

Plug an empty USB stick with at least 16GB memory into your computer
Format with “FAT-32 Filesystem”
Start the Download Process
Save the Map-update file from the server on your Computer
Unzip the downloaded file to your prepared USB stick using WinZip
- Route: WinZip -> Settings -> WinZip Option -> expanded
- Make sure, the Option “Conversion LF to CR/LF at TAR Archive” is NOT selected on WinZip before starting the Unzip process
Then plug the USB stick into the USB port of your vehicle. the USB port is located in the centre console.

A few things to remember:

Keep your engine running for the duration of the update
Do not remove the USB stick until the update is complete.
Select the navigation function
Click “Yes” to start updating the map
Select the map update and click “Install”
Click “Yes” to update your map
Click “Yes” to finalise the map update
Once the update is complete the system will reboot

Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

This is for Lee20:
If your car is Model Year 2020, then 2020-Q1 is the correct download.
You can go to ‘My Vauxhall’ to confirm your Model Year.
After inserting the USB drive, ignore messages like ‘Media Error-No Files’ and wait for the slow read-speed of the car to sort itself out. You may take it out and try again, but wait longer than you want to.
Maps for Pre and Post model year 2020 are found here: -
https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners/infor ... and-x.html

My Vauxhall Model Year.jpg

2020 Q1 downloaded.JPG

Choose PRE or POST model year 2020.JPG

2020 Hybrid 4
HolySalami

Post by HolySalami »

Doing mine now, had the progress bar, about 2/3rds the way though then it’s gone off and the screen is blank? All functions work but no map is displayed?
P8r

Post by P8r »

HolySalami wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:05 am Doing mine now, had the progress bar, about 2/3rds the way though then it’s gone off and the screen is blank? All functions work but no map is displayed?
There is a known issue with the 18.0 map update. Some 3008 and grandlands stop the installation the first time. Just redo it and it wil install fine.

I have had the same problem, the second installation went normal.
Opel Grandland X Ultimate March 2018
Opel Corsa-E GS line September 2020
HolySalami

Post by HolySalami »

All sorted, tried again - no issues
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Does anyone know if this latest update to the firmware works with a mid 2018 Grandland? I only ask because I haven’t managed to get the MyVauxhall app connecting to my car via bluetooth, despite trying everything.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

My car is 68 plate and it works on my car.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mcwarrior19

Post by Mcwarrior19 »

Tried the firmware update, but says incompatible with my car, i think i have the newer wave 4 version, the sat-nav updated ok to the 18.0 version with no problems. Anyone know if there is a new firmware with the wave 4 yet.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

The error message can because its not downloaded correctly. Also have you tried a few times in the car as sometimes it can come up with errors and then install.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

Midinotes wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:21 am Does anyone know if this latest update to the firmware works with a mid 2018 Grandland? I only ask because I haven’t managed to get the MyVauxhall app connecting to my car via bluetooth, despite trying everything.
Mine is a 2018.5 build, the firmware worked fine with mine, With the MyVauxhall app it would not connect to my car no matter what I did and Customer services were not able to help, just before Christmas a raised a case again using the Contact and assistance section of the app and mysterious a couple of days later it started working and has worked every time since.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post