Light Steering/Oversteering

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Superdee1893

Post by Superdee1893 »

I've had a Grandland X sport nav for a couple of months . I find the steering overly light and almost feel that I am oversteering whilst driving , feels worse when driving at speed ..I read that the steering is light and hoped that I would get used to it but I still feel anxious when driving and feel that I am not in total control .....is it just my imagination or has anyone else had similar issues ...thanks

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Mine is light too. But I am used to it now
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Mine feels light when lane assist is moving the wheel for me.
It can be turned off.
I have Hybrid 4 Elite.
2020 Hybrid 4
Oggi38

Post by Oggi38 »

Hi, if your steering is like mine, it is not you. Mine has already been in once for the steering issues. Sometimes light and floaty, sometimes notchy, and sometimes no power steering at all for a couple of seconds. It is also virtually un driveable in a cross wind on a motorway. Like you, I thought it was me, but having not had these issues in thirty four years, I kind of convinced myself it was the car and not me. I booked it in, and the dealer said they re programmed the ECU, and that cured it. The fix has lasted about 600 miles, and now its playing silly games again. It goes back in on Friday to be fixed again. This is a 69 plate with 6400 miles on the clock
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I had this issue, lived with it till I changed the front tyres when the light steering then returned to normal. On the old Mitchelins the car was very light even going over white lines!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

edgejedi wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:25 am I had this issue, lived with it till I changed the front tyres when the light steering then returned to normal. On the old Mitchelins the car was very light even going over white lines!
Interesting. I have Continentals and find it a bit scitterish going over a certain part of the road that others are fine with. Folks say a tyre is just a tyre far from it.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post