DAB

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Mrcheeky

Post by Mrcheeky »

Had the Grandland for nearly a year and only really have one issue. The DAB does not hold a signal, always bumming out and back in. I thought it maybe signal issue but when i had use of a 68 plate Corsa the radio was fine. I tried so many different stations in the corsa and no issue at all. So is there a fix for my Grandland issue?? or shall i go take it in while under warranty and get it checked out??
love my Grandland :D :D :D :D :D

robbo990

Post by robbo990 »

Mine to is unusable, both DAB and FM really bad reception.
2019 Vauxhall Grandland x 1.5 TurboDiesel SportNav Auto (Jasper Grey)
Mrcheeky

Post by Mrcheeky »

its got to the point i use bluetooth and use radio stations via my phones internet.
love my Grandland :D :D :D :D :D
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I find the DAB reception for National stations is good in the Fens between Cambridge & Peterborough where I live. Some stations with localised broadcasts (i.e. separate channels say for Cambridge & Peterborough) confuse the situation. Tend to listen to e-audiobooks via bluetooth when on longer journeys unless TMS in on BBC R5L Extra.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
JGG

Post by JGG »

My DAB is absolutely awful. The first time I involved the dealership I was advised it was fine, just weak signals. I disputed this as our 7 year old Mokka never drops out. I was then told it was fine for this car???.
Next time I had warranty work done I said that the DAB was still useless and they got the technician to really look into it. Several attempts were made changes to ariel signal booster etc. Finally they said it was not perfect but as good as they could make it.
Pulled out of the parking space and lost it immediately. Load of crap!
SGA

Post by SGA »

If you have a dash cam fitted, try disconnecting it to see if the DAB reception improves.
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I’ve had my grandland since October 2020 and the radio reception on both fm and dab are shocking. Vauxhall just switched a setting off and said that would sort it. It never did fix the fault and I’m still getting drop outs or words repeating quite frequently.
Macca

Post by Macca »

I had a dash cam fitted today and it’s had absolutely no effect on my radio reception which is still excellent!!!