Alarm & the Pet / Passenger Over-ride button

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
jstoddart

Post by jstoddart »

Hi, just recently got a new Grandland X SRI Nav, and I'm having some problems with the Alarm and the button for over-riding the alarm for pets and kids.

According to the manual, I need to close the windows, then hold the over-ride button down until the LED comes on and a message flashes on the info screen, then shut the door and lock it.

Problem is, I leave the Dog in the car and he moves around and it keeps tripping off the alarm. My only thought was perhaps leaving the windows down disables the over-ride, but the light is on, and it seems a bit mad that I could only leave the dog sealed in with the widows up.

Has anyone had experience of this?

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi, I have checked my alarm by disabling the passenger compartment monitoring and it works as per the manual. The disabling function button stays active for 10 mins until the alarm is set.
The manual advises the closing of windows, obviously for security and to eliminate any interference with the ultrasonics. Having said that, disabling the ultrasonics would allow for the windows to be left slightly open.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post