assisted parking

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Just taken delivery of new Grandland x elite nav Moonshine Grey. ordered January 15 2018. Tried to get the assisted parking working on phoning the dealer and they trying the dealer was told by Vauxhall uk that ASSISTED PARKING and 360 Degree camera had been removed from all deliveries of 18.5 Grandland x models.
Anyone had this problem

Spikey

Post by Spikey »

I stumbled across the following info on the internet which refers to Grandland Elite Nav MY18.5 configuration changes:

ELITE NAV MODELS STANDARD EQUIPMENT CHANGES:
We have reviewed the specification of Elite Nav models and have revised the specification as follows to increase showroom appeal and customer value. These changes are effective for all MY18.5 Elite Nav models Pricing remains unchanged.

DELETED ITEMS.
360 Panoramic Camera
Premium adaptive forward lighting pack

ADDED ITEMS
Fixed panoramic glass roof panel.
Wireless charger for mobile devices
Heated Windscreen
Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

I wonder what appeal that has? Forcing people onto Diesel Ultimate's doesn't sound appealing to me.

Glad I ordered my 1.2 Elite Nav when that was the top spec!
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

This change applies to any none delivered Grandland x models.In my case was not told of change until i queried two days after i picked up car from dealer now in dispute with dealer over not supplying car i ordered .If anyone is awaiting delivery of any Grandland x model suggest you contact dealer
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

That's not cricket... and hardly increase customer appeal...sorry to hear this.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

According to the brochure I’ve picked up from the dealer just 3 weeks ago (it’s the Grandland X 2018 models edition 1), Advanced park assist is a standard on Elite Nav and Ultimate models.

They have taken out the 360 camera from the Elite Nav while leaving it on the ultimate but all Elite Nav models should have a 180 degrees camera as option (probably paid one) from 18.5 onwards.

One can only work on what is being offered on a formal publication by Vauxhall current to the day of ordering and if a feature is not present with due explanation (and compensation) then this is a matter for the trading standard office me think….
Elite Nav 1.2 Auto, black & panoramic roof
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Been to the dealer this morning (my car has arrived and now been prepped so had to do some paperwork) and had a chat about the parking assist.

It has been confirmed that park assist is no longer on the offering for the Elite Nav and whatever is written in the brochure cannot be guaranteed because edition 1 is obsolete and edition 2 in not yet available.

Way to go VX (not)
Elite Nav 1.2 Auto, black & panoramic roof
Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

Ordered my elite nav (deep ruby red 1.2 manual) 2feb and was told that parking assist and 180 degree damage we're standard. Finally took delivery of my car 17 May and no camera or parking assist (as well as the foot operated boot sensor not working). I've spoken to Vauxhall and there standard line is there features are not included in this model. I'm trying to convey that it may not be included now, but it was when I ordered my car. Does anybody know when they changed the spec and deleted these features from the elite nav?
Pelham 200

Post by Pelham 200 »

Picked up my elite nave 1.2 two week's ago and like yours no camera but at least I can open the boot with foot control.
Last car was a Astra elite sports tourer, 2lt and she was a great motor , just hope this comes up to scratch :roll:

Pelham 200
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Ayejay70 - I previously posted a couple of extracts from a Vx internal memo regarding Grandland configuration changes. You can access the complete memo on the Aston Vauxhall news website but I'm not sure if it has an issue date. If you google 'Grandland Launch Edition' the Aston Vx web site should appear in the results.
I'm sure you may be aware of this but the hands free operation (foot operation)of the tailgate can be enabled/disabled in the vehicle menus.