assisted parking

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

Many thanks spikey.. I looked on Astons site and it was helpful... I'm playing email tennis with the manager of the dealer that I bought the car from but I'm not getting any real answers yet as to miss selling cars.. their website still shows that the elite nav comes with "premium LED adaptive headlights" but as far as I'm aware that was also taken of the 18.5 model so they are still miss selling...

flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Just as an intresting point, the Opel Grandland X "Business Innovation" (the Opel equivalent to VX's Elite Nav) is offered with automatic parking assist as standard) guess they didn't get the memo
Elite Nav 1.2 Auto, black & panoramic roof
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

I suspect that the post launch configuration tweaking tactic may not only be confined to Grandland models. I recently overheard a conversation in my local dealers between a salesperson and a very disgruntled customer whose newly delivered Insignia did not match the brochure spec.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Im in the same boat too. car ordered in February and delivered in June. Im looking into the legality of it being advertised in the brouchure
Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

Quick update... I am now in the process of taking legal action against the dealership that supplied my Grandland as my solicitor informs me that I have a good case against being mis sold my car. Watch this space!!!
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Had my Grandland Elite Nav for just over a week now, after Waiting 3 months for it,
1st of all what a lovely motor, both me and the Mrs love driving it,
But got to say I’m truly gutted that there is no reversing camera or advanced parking assist on it,
I’ve still got the brochure from when I ordered the car and it has it in the Elite Nav as standard,
I asked the salesman and all he said was that is only available on the ultimate edition, which wasn’t available when I ordered mine,
I’m not happy about it but what can I do???
satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

I was also disappointed about the reversing camera, as per brochure 2018 Edition 1, with a sticker on saying "Park assist is no longer part of the standard equipment " it says pg 11 rear view camera option available from spring 2018, I asked VX if I can have one fitted and there reply was "NO as this would be a retro fit and we do not recommend it ! As it will change the specification of the vehicle " thanks VX .
As any one fitted a dash cam, and hard wired it yet , thanks Darren
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

A solution for the camera is available from www.www.carcommunications.co.uk .
On the reversing camera tread (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=121) you will find one that already got it fitted and I have ordered it too. will have a technician coming tomorrow to fit it ....
Elite Nav 1.2 Auto, black & panoramic roof