heated windscreen and steering wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
pj19690

Post by pj19690 »

After some initial issues on first 24 hours of ownership, finally enjoying my Grandland X hybrid 4.

Wondering about the heated windscreen, it gets foggy inside, put heated screen on and makes foggier until I put the air con windscreen clearer on then it clears. Not had a frosty morning yet since owning check if works properly. The light comes on the instrument panel to say its on, but do not hear a distinctive relay click like with the rear heated screen.
The screen itself has three wiggly wire lines on passenger side running parallel top to bottom(almost).
Cannot see any other smaller wire filaments running through the screen.

Having owned some fords with heated windscreen, you can normally see a shine in the sun of small wite filaments, but sure the technology has moved on as that was 20 years ago.

Asked my local,vauxhall garage who said wait till a frost and if it doesn't work come back, not the answer I wanted.
Wondered if my observations mean this is heated windscreen as have nothing to compare it too? Not many of these cars around yet locally.

Car is premium nav hybrid 4 and was supposed to come with winter pack 1, this apparently does not have the heated steering wheel as standard, has anyone else had this happen to their specification? Bit disappointed heated steering wheel not on, but loving the heated seats!

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi. I don't own a Hybrid version but mines a 68 plate 1.2 petrol elite nav. The heated windscreen doesn't make a relay click noise when you put it on the like rear one. It should clear it pretty much straight away mine does. In the sun in my car you can see the dots for the heated windscreen like you said you saw in Fords cars years ago. It sounds like there's an issue with yours for sure.

From doing a quick Google search and finding the Vauxhall 2020.5 brochure it looks like you cant get the winter pack on the hybrid versions only petrol and diesel versions.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
pj19690

Post by pj19690 »

Checked and heated windscreen definitely on spec sheet i received from dealer, and also mentioned on specs from vauxhall brochure re 20.5 model, I was looking for attachments. Still waiting for frosty morning!

Screenshot_20201027-160206_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20201027-160258_Drive.jpg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its should still clear the screen even if it gets misted up my car does. It sounds like yours might not be working correctly.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post