New firware version 21-08-84-12

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
spiro

Post by spiro »

Yes I formatted it to Fat32 but I will try again.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

:)
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
zice

Post by zice »

EliteEstate wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:46 pm PUT VERSION 21-08-84-12 ON THIS MORNING , IT INSTALLED PERFECTLY IN 40 MINUTES .
IM SO GLAD THAT THE ONSTAR LOGO HAS GONE , AND THE TEMP IS IN WHITE AT LAST .
WHY DOES IT NOT NEED A LICENSE FILE NOW TO INSTALL IT INTO THE CAR .
some forums report that apparently the validation can be done over bluetooth if you have the phone connected and data connection sharing is enabled on the unit. In this case, no local license file needed on the stick.
Update also works via the 2nd usb port (behind the arm rest) if you have one.
Neurotica

Post by Neurotica »

zice wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:03 pm
EliteEstate wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:46 pm PUT VERSION 21-08-84-12 ON THIS MORNING , IT INSTALLED PERFECTLY IN 40 MINUTES .
IM SO GLAD THAT THE ONSTAR LOGO HAS GONE , AND THE TEMP IS IN WHITE AT LAST .
WHY DOES IT NOT NEED A LICENSE FILE NOW TO INSTALL IT INTO THE CAR .
some forums report that apparently the validation can be done over bluetooth if you have the phone connected and data connection sharing is enabled on the unit. In this case, no local license file needed on the stick.
Update also works via the 2nd usb port (behind the arm rest) if you have one.

I confirm.
KeEp ThE fAiTh . . .
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

When usb stick is in car and you have your phone connected, you may get error messages, just remove stick and reinsert, it may error a number of times.. i gotno media and not compatable messages. Also do not be too quick to remove stick it takes a while for the update to pick up and start
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all. As i am not very savvy with all this technical chat regarding firware updates. Could somebody please explain, in simple terms how and what i can update. I would love the outside temperature to be shown in white....... :D
I only have an iphone, no laptop or similar.

Thanks.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
spiro

Post by spiro »

After many tries I still can't get this to work. My car was built after Sept 2018 and registered in January 2019 when Vauxhall changed the specs, could it be that the system installed has been changed?
With regaed to the phone bluetooth connection I have the Vauxhall app on my android phone and it connected to the car via bluetooth. The data sharing setting mentioned by EliteEstate is this a setting on the phone or in the car?

Again any help will be appreciated.
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

Update will issue many error messages, even though there is no problems, just pull stick out and reinsert. could take a few tries. also give it a little time it can be slow to pick up the update. during update it goes to black screen for quite a while it is ok do not panic it is still working
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

I also get the message 'Not Compatible with Hardware' I believe that this is because the Sat Nav on my Grandland 18 plate cannot support Vauxhall connect therefore I cannot link my phone to the system. Supposed to be 4 updates a year for 5 years from new, what a load of shite. I've managed to get the map version upto V18 thanks to other posters on this forum, still q3 2019 from Vauxhall but I would really like a firmware upgrade too but looks like thats something that Vauxhall will never bother to supply. Vauxhall Aftercare to me is more like Vauxhall couldn't care.
Grandland X Topaz Blue Elite Nav 1.2
spiro

Post by spiro »

I still cannot get this download to install no matter how many times I have downloaded it, unzipped it with WINRAR I still get the not compatable with my system. I downloaded the latest maps and that installed very easily but the firmware is a no go.
Could it be because the infotainment system I have is Navi 5.0 IntelliLink, any advice will be much appreciated.