Spare wheel.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I have never had one. But after getting 4 new tyres I am looking at getting one.

I have the 19 inch rims. So what has anyone done and what type of replacement did you get?

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

2020 Hybrid 4
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I purchased a spare for my Grandland hoping, as with previous cars, wouldn't need to use it. I didn't want a spacesaver or use the foam so purchased a 'full size' wheel/tyre.
Using the wheel parameters, pcd/offset/stud number etc. I found other vehicles that used the same wheel spec. Then checked the overall diameter of my tyres and matched this with wheels and tyres of all the vehicles shown as compatable. Smaller wheels with larger sidewalls can be used if the overall diameter plus the bolt pattern, offset etc match the original. I purchased a good secondhand wheel /tyre, which will probably sit in the boot and not used but if it were, it would be to complete the journey and swapped back after repair of the main wheel. I did have to buy an additional 5 bolts, for use with it, as the originals didn't suit the spare wheel.
Pvb

Post by Pvb »

@ coatgallou Wow, good work.
Could you give us more info on the required rim and tire details and car models. That will help me to find a suitable spare. Much appreciated!
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi. Use this first link to find your tyre by size and check it's overall diameter.
https://www.errolstyres.co.za/content/t ... g-diameter
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Link No 2.

https://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Opel/Gr ... -%20).html

Use this link for details about your wheel specification, ie. Number and PCD of studs, offset etc.
Lower down the page you will find the other vehicles with same spec but some with different offsets.
Different offsets will alter the position of the wheel and tyre relative to the Bodywork, on my vehicle and tyre size, I determined a 10mm tolerance wouldn't cause an issue as there is good clearance both sides of tyre wall to the Bodywork. My wheels are not the 19", the offset on the largest wheels may be more critical so be careful on choice.
I searched ebay for available wheels /tyre for each of the vehicles listed and ended up with a Peugeot one, good condition at £25. (46 offset) + £8 for 5 new bolts.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post