Bluetooth microphone

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Themis

Post by Themis »

Hi, 2 months owner of the Grandland X.

I understand that when the ignition switch is off the navi system can be activated by pressing the power button and the mobile Bluetooth works. I still can receive calls and answer from the car Bluetooth, even I can hear the other part but they cannot hear me unless I turn the ignition switch on!
Isn't this weird? I mean I should either not be able to use the Bluetooth or to use it fully with the ignition off.
Is this a common issue?

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Hi there and welcome!

Yes mine does the same, the person I was calling wondered where I'd gone and I was talking to noone although I could hear them... weird.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Themis

Post by Themis »

It must be something that Vauxhall will fix, it doesn't make sense to be that way.
Copgrove

Post by Copgrove »

According to Vauxhall Technical the cut-off is working as it should do. However, they can't explain why the screen displays the message "communication in progress. system will close when communication ends". Working as it should ??? I think not !!!
BobM

Post by BobM »

I posted the same issue on an Opel German forum. It turns out that this is a "feature" in cars with the keyless system (start/stop button). The problem does not seem to be present in cars with an ignition switch.

Everybody is getting the same message from Opel/Vauxhall (including myself), basically that it's working as designed. It obviously is not, but I guess it will cost them too much money to fix. It will probably only get fixed if someone takes them to court or something.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post