Oil and service light

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Deano

Post by Deano »

Well its time to say goodbye to the forum and my grandland x....hopefully it will be out of my life just after xmas. I fell in love with this car but after 6 months it all went south very quickly. From poor service dept customer service( Preston) to the car going back 7 times due to the oil light coming on occasionally, the service light coming on occasionally( even after it was serviced), the drivers door light coming on occasionally, the rear parking sensor not working properly( yip..i reversed into a car)...and all faults denied by the garage....luckily ive got pics and videos that they are simply not interested in seeing....its finally driven me, excuse the pun, to get rid of the worst( by far) car ive ever owned. A total piece of sh1t. And that satnav arrow is a bloody nightmare to follow as it turns a few seconds late each turn....whoohoo! Freeeedom

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi Deano,

Sorry to hear your experiences have soured your ownership of a Grandland, it's a pity your dealership wasn't more helpful in resolving the issues. I have to say, my experience of dealers, when faced with certain problems, is that they are intransigent in the use of Dealership data bases. What I mean is, others will have had similar issues and had them resolved so why wouldn't the dealerships share this information with each other. I have, in the past, been told that they have to diagnose all faults themselves.
My thought process, on the issues, is a corrupt CAN-bus system that may or may not include a faulty sensor. If this were a personal computer, a clean install would address. Not sure how easy it is for the dealership to carryout a 'clean' install of all the coding to the many ecu modules, must be too difficult for them!
Hope you have a better experience with your next vehicle choice.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post