Confusing service reminder

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
jayh1986

Post by jayh1986 »

Hi,

My 2019 Grandland X had its first 12 month service just as I picked it up in August 2020 at approx 6000 miles. The service reminder is now coming up saying it is due in 8 months or 1700 miles. The 8 months would put it in August 2021 when it would be expected to be due. However, adding the 1700 onto the current mileage puts the total mileage to around 10,500 nowhere near due its 2nd service. And only approx 4500 miles since its last service. As the car hasn't been used as much due to lockdowns, home working etc. I'm confused as sometimes this occurs when garages forget to reset the service light/interval however this seems like it has because its correct on the month just the mileage is way off. Any ideas?

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi , I'm sure you will service the car in August without the reminder, so if this is a distraction, reset the service indicator which will show 12 months and a new adjusted mileage figure. Then in August, the garage will reset again after the service.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

To reset service light or reminder indicator.

Switch off the ignition.
Hold the 'check' button and switch on the ignition to position 1 (do not start engine).
In the information screen, you will see a countdown shown, from 10 to 0 then an indication the action has completed.
Release the 'check' button.
Switch off then start the car.
If resetting the service indicator, the 'spanner' will have disappeared.
If resetting the reminder, 12 months and new mileage will be shown.
jayh1986

Post by jayh1986 »

There is no spanner symbol on, its just a reminder when I first start the car, I'm confused by the discrepancy between time being roughly correct but the mileage being off, I have tried to reset it previously but get no countdown, maybe it won't reset because its not close enough for the spanner to come on yet.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Would think it would reset at anytime but not sure.
My vehicle was registered in January this year but wasn't prepared until July and I purchased in Oct., the dealer carried out a service and the service reminder was showing September 2021 so they reset it. To try it works, I reset mine again today so your reminder should reset.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

The service indicator will come on at service intervals when it was last reset. It has nothing to do with when the car needs it.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

✔️, jayh1986 has the issue of a wrong mileage figure associated with the 12 month counter. Whilst resetting now will show a new 12 month period, the mileage counter should show 'in 16000 miles' or whatever the service period is for their model.
If it doesn't reset correctly, then he will know there is an issue to have sorted at the dealers.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post