New grandland x - driver door problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
kk333

Post by kk333 »

Hello,

I have a 1 year old grandland x innovation with a keyless system. Last night it was quite cold, about -6 celsius. In the morning I opened the car, unfroze it, waited like 10 minutes until the engine got a bit hotter and hit the road. After about 30 minutes, I parked in a shop's parking lot, went inside for another 30 minutes. When I came back to the car, I unlocked the car by pressing the button on the driver's door as usual with my keyless system, the car got unlocked, but when I tried to pull the door open, it did not open. I tried again with no success, the driver's door would only open from the inside, out of the bloom. Does anyone know what could it be? Maybe cold related?

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Hi Welcome to the forum.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

It is possible, during very cold weather, that the door seal freezers and the door is difficult to open. I have experienced this a number of times over the years. Even though you defrosted the car and drove it to the shopping centre, it is possible water around the door froze again whilst you were parked.
I'm not saying this is the answer but it is a real possibility.
😉
kk333

Post by kk333 »

Hi and thank you! Thing is that it was opening perfectly from inside. Somehow, after a day the door works ok now, no idea what happened
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Clearly a cold related issue, even after the drive plus 30 mins, something inside the door still frozen. Not sure which part though as it is strange that it was easily openable from inside. It could be that it never happens again.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post