My Vauxhall App - Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I haven't found the app to work for me, as yet.
It will log the cars position but other than that it doesn't log journeys etc. Not sure how useful I'll find that but it would be good to have a working app.
Was wondering if, because my phone is paired with my smart watch, it struggles to also connect with the car. I'll try it without the watch being paired see if there is a difference.

dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

Paulck wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 pm
no it’s not LOOK. There is my phone in the house and over there is my car
[/quote]

The map that you show is not the one that I have on the MyVauxhall app, the only way that it knows where the car is if you click on 'Set my current.' location just below the map. So you can then find your way back to where you parked it
Yours look more like a tracking app. How old is your car? Mines a 2018 which had OnStar.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Suppose the answer to this is,
If you tell the app to set the location of your car, it can then use maps on your phone to guide you back to the location.
There are a number of apps that work in the same way.
Other than that, I don't find the app provides me with anything of use mainly because I can't get it to work.
Nickodemus

Post by Nickodemus »

my app will not connect to my car to obtain any data - i wonder if because it is the original release with onstar built in then that i have to have a current subscription to a mobile company ( vodafone ) for it to work - just a thought
if anyone has had any success please let me know as im becoming very frustrated with the lack of knowledge from Vauxhall customer "we don't care" care!!!
Paulck

Post by Paulck »

dbuckel wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:35 pm
Paulck wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 pm
no it’s not LOOK. There is my phone in the house and over there is my car
The map that you show is not the one that I have on the MyVauxhall app, the only way that it knows where the car is if you click on 'Set my current.' location just below the map. So you can then find your way back to where you parked it
Yours look more like a tracking app. How old is your car? Mines a 2018 which had OnStar.
[/quote] Hi mine is a March 2020. I have not set my current location,I do absolutely nothing on my phone,it just knows where it is ????? I don’t even have a tracking app. So I don’t know what’s going on?????? The app shows nothing on the fuel gauge nothing on the fuel consumption and nothing on the mileage. It’s been like that since the start of the new year. It worked fine from March 2020 until December 31st 2020 ??????
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I think it may have something to do with the termination of the OnStar feature. My vehicle didn't have this subscription so can't really help.
Would recommend you open play store or the apple equivalent depending on your phone and open the My Vauxhall app. Expand on the reviews and read through those.
It makes for interesting reading and may offer some answers.
Best of luck.
🤞😉
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

My App has started working again today so I am guessing sending that report helped. If anyone else has the same issue as I did its worth doing it as it seems to of fixed the issue.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I raised a case and received an automated reply yesterday. Hopefully have some answers by end of next week.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Did you raise a case on the app? I did it on the app not through Customer services
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I have done mine via email to customer services. I gave a 1 star, on play store, they sent me an email saying they could help without car details. Sent those details off and was told they would reply in 4 or so days.
If it doesn't work, I'll try via the app.
🤞👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post