My Vauxhall App - Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I’ll give that a try for sure although I have keyless ignition 😁 at the moment also the radio doesn’t stay on long enough without the engine running because of low battery voltage and eco mode, so will have to drive around for a bit first, well to the shop and back.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

😂👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Paulck

Post by Paulck »

Midinotes wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:27 pm I’ll give that a try for sure although I have keyless ignition 😁 at the moment also the radio doesn’t stay on long enough without the engine running because of low battery voltage and eco mode, so will have to drive around for a bit first, well to the shop and back.
It only takes one minute to do. I think your infotainment centre will stay on for one minute. It shuts off after 15 minutes with no engine running so don’t worry about it 😒 just try it
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

At last! Discovered earlier today that Vauxhall have now launched a dedicated PC or Macintosh program that you can install, enter your VIN details and it checks for updates.
To my surprise it not only came up with a map update, but an update to the touchscreen navigation infotainment system! It took quite a while to download both updates and then it was for a while very fussy about memory sticks. However eventually after using a Sandisk 32GB stick, the Vauxhall program formatted it and then created a usable USB update stick. I put it in the Grandland with the engine running and everything went smoothly! Granted it took over an hour to install the firmware update and the maps update, but it was definitely worth the wait. At last the temperature display is now readable on screen (white!), there's a Vauxhall logo when it starts up instead of OnStar, and best of all My Vauxhall app on my iphone has suddenly sprung into life and started working! Life couldn't be better, yay! :-)
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

I've done mine few weeks ago. Didn't take that long to download but I suppose it depends on the internet connection. Installation took forever... Well over an hour. Sat Nav update also took much longer than firmware. I've had another update apparently done bt Vauxhall when I went in for recall, I believe it was the on board computer which is separate from Infotainment.

Glad we can do it ourselves without asking the dealer for it like with a lot of other cars.

I'm still experiencing 2 issues with my infotainment though.
1 - When i have radio (FM) (very rarely!) switched on and I'm on my first saved station, if I use the steering wheel to switch to second station it'll switch, but if I try to switch to the next one (third) it'll jump back to first unless I press the button about 4 times. It only happens on those two saved stations as well. Rest is fine.

2 - I still haven't figured out how on earth to completely delete a saved FM station from my presets. Any ideas? I can't find anything at all.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Vayerr for the radio stations you cant delete one but you can replace it by finding another radio station you want and then holding that pre-set to replace it.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:44 am Hi Vayerr for the radio stations you cant delete one but you can replace it by finding another radio station you want and then holding that pre-set to replace it.
Hey, I thought that was the case. Its annoying as heck cause I'd like to delete a few and I can't find any I'd like to replace them with. There really should be an option to delete them individually or even reset all presets.

Maybe resetting to default/factory settings might help. I'll have to give it a go and see what happens.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its very annoying you could do a rest on the system but then you have to re-add all the other stations again plus any settings you have chosen as well.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

I'm sure there was an option to reset them on my Astra K 2016 with Navi900 Infotainment. Was much more user friendly than Navi 5.0 is. Had more options too.

Ah well. Guess I have to live with it or just reset entire system and set everything up again, like you've mentioned.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post