Orange Fault, in Small Dashboard Display

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
DaPa

Post by DaPa »

As per title, there is on occasions an orange fault light up in the small display.

I flashes up but disappears too quickly to read it.

It happens when I get in the car and turn the ignition on.

Any ideas what this is?

DP

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

When switching the ignition on, many control indicators will light up momentarily whilst carrying out a functional test. This is normal.
If any of the lights stay illuminated or illuminate during running, then the yellow indicates a fault, warning or information.
DaPa

Post by DaPa »

It disappears as fast as it appears, far too quick to read the description.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

May be able to decipher it if you video the screen using your phone during switch on. Freeze the video, during playback, to see the indicator.
DaPa

Post by DaPa »

I can barely see it, it is not on there long enough to read, it only happens a few times
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

I'm sure, if it doesn't stay lit then there probably isn't an issue but just part of the boot system.
If you are concerned something is waiting to create an issue, your local dealer will be able to check the error logging, if any, done by your vehicle.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Depending on your phone, the camera video will take a video number of frames per second which will mean you can run the video at 0.5 speed to see the notification, stopping it in order to fully read it.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

If there are any faults, I think you can press the check button on the instrument display or the menu button and scroll through any issues. Not sure if the check button (next to the zero odometer button) only works with the engine off but ignition on...
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The check button is a good option.
The manual says it switches between the menus of the driver infirmation display.
Also says the button on the end of the indicator stalk will do the same.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post