Space saver wheel?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Seeing as though we only get the repair kits provided, what size space saver do we need to go for? Im running the 18 inch - 5-double-spoke, Bi-color
225/55 R18 98 V

I seem to remember this being an issue previously with my Antara in terms of what space saver tyre it would actually take....
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

Spikey

Post by Spikey »

I'm running on 19 inch Bi-color, the dealer supplied space saver is 18 inch. I was pleased that the load compartment floor can still be placed on the lower setting with the space saver onboard. If you do opt for a space saver don't forget to keep the towing eye onboard which is stored in the tyre inflation kit.
Duggy

Post by Duggy »

The space saver is a 1 size fits all. I've been quoted £240, from my local dealer, for one with all the kit including Jack, brace, storage box and lid.
Grandland X Elite Nav, White Jade, Black Roof
Duggy

Post by Duggy »

Yeah.
Not quite as easy as just ordering it. All the different parts are ordered from different locations. The tyres are on back order and I've been quoted 5-6 weeks to get one.
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

It took five weeks for my space saver wheel and tyre to arrive and a further three weeks for the storage box, jack, wheel brace and securing hardware to arrive. Only the lid for the storage box and insulation still outstanding. Surprising lead times for something that is an option on the production line. I normally source space saver kits from Vauxhall Superstore but even they cannot source all the associated parts.
Duggy

Post by Duggy »

The tyre finally came in today. Getting fitted later so I can pick it up. The only thing outstanding is the storage box for the tools which is still on back order. They have the lid, just not the box.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Buy a Peugeot 3008 Space saver 18 inch selling on EBay from £80
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post