how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
cenapbaba
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:46 pm

how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by cenapbaba » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:38 am

i have read user manual but instructions were confusing to me. i didnt want to do anything before i understand how to remove the bulbs. i searched videos about it in internet but unfortunately i couldnt find any visual instructions. these are the photos that i took. can someone tell me how to remove those bulbs? thanks in advance.

Image
Image

Coatgallou
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:53 pm

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by Coatgallou » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:16 am

Hi cenapbaba,
The second photograph, of the tailgate cluster, the nut shown has to be removed. The unit will then lifted away from the body in order for the bolt to clear the hole, then moved sideways to remove from the tailgate.
The cluster can then have the loom disconnected allowing you to work on the unit on a bench.

Coatgallou
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:53 pm

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by Coatgallou » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:18 am

The following pic is of the other cluster.
Again there is a nut that is to be removed which then allows you to pull the unit backwards clearing the Bodywork.

IMG_20210328_110141.jpg


pjotter
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:30 pm

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by pjotter » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:41 am

achterlichten.jpg

instruction in dutch

cenapbaba
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by cenapbaba » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Coatgallou wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:16 am
Hi cenapbaba,
The second photograph, of the tailgate cluster, the nut shown has to be removed. The unit will then lifted away from the body in order for the bolt to clear the hole, then moved sideways to remove from the tailgate.
The cluster can then have the loom disconnected allowing you to work on the unit on a bench.
hello. thank you for your reply. so i wanna ask, in total how many bolts am i gonna remove for left inner and left outer clusters? 2 or 4?

Coatgallou
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:53 pm

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by Coatgallou » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Hi cenapbaba,
Two nuts, 1 for each cluster, as I remember.
The cluster may still require some persuasion to be withdrawn.

Coatgallou
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:53 pm

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by Coatgallou » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:24 pm

As with the inner cluster (boot lid), shown below, there is also a clip that secures the fitting.

Screenshot_20210328_171721.jpg


Coatgallou
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:53 pm

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by Coatgallou » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:34 pm

The pic below shows the inner cluster removed and the two arrows indicating the position of the nut (red) arrow and the clip (yellow) arrow.

Screenshot_20210328_172733.jpg


User avatar
Vayerr
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:58 pm
Location: Co. Durham, North-East

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by Vayerr » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:35 pm

cenapbaba wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:31 pm
Coatgallou wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:16 am
Hi cenapbaba,
The second photograph, of the tailgate cluster, the nut shown has to be removed. The unit will then lifted away from the body in order for the bolt to clear the hole, then moved sideways to remove from the tailgate.
The cluster can then have the loom disconnected allowing you to work on the unit on a bench.
hello. thank you for your reply. so i wanna ask, in total how many bolts am i gonna remove for left inner and left outer clusters? 2 or 4?
Coatgallou wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:24 pm
As with the inner cluster (boot lid), shown below, there is also a clip that secures the fitting.


2.

There is 1 bolt holding the inner cluster (tailgate) and one holding the outer cluster on the car. Both are in extremely stupid places.

The inner one on the tailgate is partially blocked by the plastic trim so I stuck a socket on it and at an angle unbolted it ever so slightly till it's loose, then unbolted it further with my fingers.
Once it is unbolted, all you need to do is push on the screw you've unbolted with a bit of pressure and it'll should start to come off away from the tailgate. If for any reason it doesn't then just gently grab a hold of the cluster on the side

IMG_20210225_155351 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20210225_160249.jpg

IMG_20210225_160327 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20210225_160344 - Copy.jpg



Same thing goes for the bolt for the exterior cluster - A bit of a stupid location. It isn't hard to reach as such however bolt sits on a very long screw/piece of metal therefore my socket couldn't get a hold of it. I put the socket on the bolt and then with the bolt handle tried to unbolt - Only thing is that as mentioned before, the bolt sits on a long screw and thefore if I tried to attach the bolt to the handle it wouldn't grasp the bolt. Had to insert the handle ever so slightly so that it just about sits inside the socket, then unbolt till it's just a bit loose and continue futher with my hand.

Once you've unbolted it, you need to undo a little plastic tab like Coatgallou showed in the previous post. Grab the light cluster from the outside and gently try to pull it towards you (directly back from its original position) and it will eventually come away from the car. It took me a bit of effort to do the left one but the right one came off straight away. Just wiggle it about and you should be fine. Bare in mind that the light cluster is held on by a plastic ... thing ... at the back of the cluster as well.

IMG_20210225_143512 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20210225_151349.jpg

IMG_20210225_151453 - Copy.jpg

Image

User avatar
Vayerr
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:58 pm
Location: Co. Durham, North-East

Re: how to replace reverse and turn signal bulbs?

Post by Vayerr » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Replaced bulbs.

IMG_20210225_160706.jpg

Inner Left

IMG_20210225_162710.jpg

Inner Right

IMG_20210225_152042.jpg

Outer
Image

Post Reply