Indicators on the front wings

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
cruncher

Post by cruncher »

Hi , Has anyone had the same problem with their Grandland x , with a green sludge that builds up & gets lodged around the indicator casing ? Obvious design fault that to really clean it off you have to remove the front wheel & inner wing casing to clean it. It stands out when washing/detailing the car ( me being a perfectionist ) it looks cheap & poorly built . Moan Over !!!!!

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi cruncher I have the same issue on my 2018 68 plate Grandland. Its not too bad at the moment but can see the green starting to build up. We have the same issue on a Meriva we own as well.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Valer

Post by Valer »

I'm fairly certain they're the standard Vx side repeaters as used in the Astra J,K,Crossland etc,
you'll find they clip out easily with a flat plastic trim tool (push from the rear end of the lamp against pressure of spring clip)
and can be cleaned with an old tooth brush,
i was going to clean the ones on my K but ended up replacing with smoked led lamps.
I've added a pic to make that clearer

IMG_20210512_162445.jpg

Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks Valer I did this a while ago by the way you have said on the Meriva and we replaced them with new ones. Thanks for the information 👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
cruncher

Post by cruncher »

Thanks for the replies, was told at the dealers that they had to remove the front wheel & inner wing cover to get to it. Very poor design, & the car being only 12 months old . Even more of a shock that they wanted to charge me for the privilege !!!! Does not come under warranty terms !! as its not broken. Will never purchase another Vauxhall motor, sometimes wish i had kept my Toyota Rav 4
Valer

Post by Valer »

cruncher wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:37 pm Thanks for the replies, was told at the dealers that they had to remove the front wheel & inner wing cover to get to it. Very poor design, & the car being only 12 months old . Even more of a shock that they wanted to charge me for the privilege !!!! Does not come under warranty terms !! as its not broken. Will never purchase another Vauxhall motor, sometimes wish i had kept my Toyota Rav 4
They're talking out their rear ends,it's a 10 second job,they probably never had to take one out before ;)
here's the TIS instructions for the Grandland and it's just as i thought :geek:

Untitled picture.png

Untitled picture2.png

Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

cruncher wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:37 pm Thanks for the replies, was told at the dealers that they had to remove the front wheel & inner wing cover to get to it. Very poor design, & the car being only 12 months old . Even more of a shock that they wanted to charge me for the privilege !!!! Does not come under warranty terms !! as its not broken. Will never purchase another Vauxhall motor, sometimes wish i had kept my Toyota Rav 4
Never trust the dealers. 90% of them know absolutely nothing and improvise. There's very few that know things without looking at the manual.

As Valer showed above, it is literally a few seconds job. You push the indicator forward (towards the front of the car) then take it out. Turn the connector at the back about 90° and the bulb will come out on its own, leaving you with the actual indicator housing in hand.

It's the same on Astras, Grandlands, Corsas, Mervias, Zafiras (I wanna say all Vauxhalls but I only know for a fact about those models).

You said they "wanted" to charge you for this. Did they in the end? And if so, did you pay?
cruncher

Post by cruncher »

NO way was I going to pay for what I say is a design fault, took it to a friend of mine who has his own garage, 2 minutes taken out & cleaned & replaced. Main dealers are ROBBERS !!!!!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Good to hear you got it sorted without having to pay.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

My issue with indicators on side wing, is that the driver side light falls out of its setting, hanging down on the wing by its wired connections.
Never have i had a car before where the indicator lamp actually falls out....

Anybody else have this problem......?
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post