Right turn indicator

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Billmccan

Post by Billmccan »

Hi all, Has anyone got the same problem with their Grandland X 2018 , whenever I apply the right turn indicator I get a warning tone and the infotainment gives me directions to the nearest garage. I noticed this not long after I bought it and took it back to a Vauxhall dealer who said this was an ongoing problem and as yet they have not found a fix for the problem.

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi,
I have an 18 plate Grandland too.
So glad to hear that i am not alone in having this same issue.
It is quite annoying really as when this happens you have to press the green arrow on the sat nav screen to clear all the information off.
I wonder if this issue happens on the later models ?

Sounds about right that Vauxhall have no idea about how to solve this issue.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Billmccan and AndyB its a known fault. I would get in contact with your local dealerships. I have included the link to the topic on the forum below

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=858&p=4890&hilit=right+turn#p4890
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
new2GLX

Post by new2GLX »

Hi,

There is an older topic titled “ "Ding" noise whilst driving” on this too.

This still happens to me, but strangely enough predominantly the left hand indicator. Had dealer look at when it was in August 2020. They told me “found codes B1167 and B117C. Found DACT4739. Vauxhall working on resolution”. I’m still waiting.

In the older topic others seem to have headlight units replaced which appeared to resolve the issue. My dealer did say something at one point about an update to disable the ping noise and popping up of map. They better not update software to remove ping etc without resolving the issue.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 in black
Been buying Vauxhall’s since 1987
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi to all .I Have 2019 Grandland X .J have same issue when turning left .My dealership charge £90 for trying to find fault Great if they do then no charge ,But if they don’t £90 down the drain so stuck with fault ?
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I would contact the Vauxhall CEO office if your dealership want to charge you for this as its seems from posts on the forum its a known issue.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Valer

Post by Valer »

On the referred to DACT4739 it says
Resolution:
Refer to TSB: 20-E-3635 Approx. Release Date: CW02/2021
i can find no record of the TSB though ?
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
ashleyjamesp

Post by ashleyjamesp »

Hi all, I'm new to this whole forum thing so bear with me! I have recently bought a 2018 Grandland X which I love, however, I'm having problems with my right turn indicator... whenever I apply the indicator, the infotainment screen goes blank. At first I thought this was a 'safety feature' of some kind (naive I know!) but then it also cut off a phone call I had made through the car. I'm wondering if anyone else has had such problem or if this is maybe a technical/wiring fault?

Thanks, Ash.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

ashleyjamesp wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:04 pm Hi all, I'm new to this whole forum thing so bear with me! I have recently bought a 2018 Grandland X which I love, however, I'm having problems with my right turn indicator... whenever I apply the indicator, the infotainment screen goes blank. At first I thought this was a 'safety feature' of some kind (naive I know!) but then it also cut off a phone call I had made through the car. I'm wondering if anyone else has had such problem or if this is maybe a technical/wiring fault?

Thanks, Ash.
That is most certainly an electrical fault and you need to take it back from where you brought it that is most certainly a fault that needs looking into, good be as simple as an earthing fault or more complex either wiring of infotainment system fault which would be my guess.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I would take it back to the dealership you bought it from and explain the issue. If you can it might be worth videoing the issue so you can show them as well.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post