Panoramic Roof Blind.

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Well it has been back in for the rattly roof and once it was pointed out to the engineer he had a look and it turns out to be the roof blind runners that are loose!!

They are of a flimsy metal and they do not seem to have been clipped properly at the factory. So the roof lining has to come off to allow them to get to the runners, which is a five day job including the electrician.

Credit to Arnold Clarks, they have got me a hire car and are waiving any costs including insurance for the time it is in, which is the end of the month. I contacted Vauxhall by email and phone, and yes you can probably guess the reaction. The usual its under warranty blah blah blah. I am absolutely furious over this, it just should not happen that something as major as taking a whole roof lining off should happen.

The engineer was saying this is his first Grandland that has come in for warranty work, but he did say that at the moment a lot have not been sold.

If you have one with the Pan Roof, just about the driver and passengers head is the metal runner and it is supposed to be clipped at this point. Have a look and feel and see if it is.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Interesting comment by the Engineer that not a lot have been sold. I've been keeping an eye out for them since I placed my order in Feb when I'm about on my travels and have yet to see one on the road.

I'm told by my dealer that my new Grandland will be ready on Wed so I'll certainly check the roof blind runners.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I also spoke to the salesman and from him they are popular but they are being seen as a more luxury car, and sales are steady and what they expected. even he was shocked at the runners.

But apart from that I love the car, and trust me I have halved my fuel consumption from my Anatara which I am chuffed about.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

What MPG are you getting out of interest Mark?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Barney12

Post by Barney12 »

I got my Grandland 2018 Elite Nav 1.2 Quartz Grey in March this year...the control button of the sunblind had to be rescrewed into the ceiling, as the button had sunk into the panel....it took the Vauxhall engineer at Stoneacre around half an hour to do it...
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Well thats it back in today. supposed to get an Astra but instead a three door Corsa. So when you are disabled and have to put an 18 month and 6 year old grandchildren in the back it aint easy. I have to say the attitude by A.Clarks was nothing short of shocking to the point I was asked did you tell the staff. Err yeh 3 weeks ago and also did you not notice the walking stick and how I walk. Here is the rub. I said I am going from a five door Grandland to a three door Corsa, well sir you don't expect us to supply Grandlands or even Insignia's, it is a courtesy whilst yours in. Having to stand there and inform a so called service manager that it was not about the model but the number of doors just beggars belief.

So now the faults are as follows.
1. The whole roof lining now rattles and is getting worse.
2. Rattle from the rear nearside C Pillar found by them the last time it was in but could not hear the rattling roof.
3. Advanced collision warning light comes on now and again.
4. Service spanner comes on about 10 times a day which pings and takes the SatNav straight to the nearest garage to be repaired!

I have never been so angry by the way I was treated today. The service manager said basically we can maybe get a Zafira next week. So I have to wait another week, I dont think so. Yet again I have had to contact Vauxhall, absolutely shocking the lack of customer service
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Been on the phone to vauxhall between yesterday and today. It is amazing that they really want to help now as I have clearly told them that I am so unhappy with the car, and in my view it is faulty that I am considering rejecting it as per the Consumer Rights Acts. The customer services fully understand the gravity of taking the roof apart and my view since day 1. So it has been escalated, whatever that means and I will contacted back later on this morning.

To begin with they were thinking the complaint was about the hire car but it is only part of it, it is the roof and ancillary problems creeping up. Maybe now they will listen.

Mark
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

VX HQ seem to be taking any issues with the Grandland well right now without much quibble as a new line (Ive had a few lol)

The dealers just seem to be making sure they get recompensed...as they do :lol:

Right now, Im back in the happy zone...Im sure you will be too soon.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Sligjt update. Got my car back they tightened a bolt above the drivers that has sorted that rattle, however the back still has a rattle.
Couldn't fix the satnav/service issue as well the advanced braking issue as yet again no fault code.

The chap at VX has been great and spoke to me yesterday on how the repair went. He will be phoning back on Monday to see what my decision is regarding rejecting it or to see what VX can do to resolve everything.

Love the car but these things have taken the enjoyment out of it and compounded by how I was treated by the dealers service dept
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Had the car all weekend and the rear rattle has disappeared. The roof it sounds daft feels a lot more solid and no rattle. So all in all I am glad that fault is fixed. But VX phoned yesterday and we spoke at great length about my next move. to be honest I do think it is a software problem and in all honesty I do not want to reject it. they offered a free service if I say i will not reject the car now or in the future,eerrrrrr the answer was no. So they will be contacting me in 2 weeks for an update but when not if the fault pops back up it is straight to the dealer without turning the engine off.

Mark

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post