Engine issues........can anyone help

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
Fedup

Post by Fedup »

Hi, I have a Granland X Sport Nav 1.2 68 plate, I’ve never been on a forum before so not sure how it works. I love my car........but have had so many issues with it I’m fed up....... hence my name lol. I’m interested to see if anyone has had the same issues as me and if they got fixed or am I destined to have part time car as it spends so much time in the garage being repaired or not as the case maybe at the minute.its been in twice with engine problems, throttle box replaced twice, control unit replaced, the problem being, the engine won’t start, it turns over, but no air getting through so won’t start, that’s why the throttle box has been replaced, they have no idea what is going on. Getting towed into the dealership twice by breakdown recovery not good The garage has had it a total of 9 weeks trying to fix it and I’ve only had it since September. The infotainment system won’t work, can’t use the phone, ask it to phone someone and asks you what destination you want. Radio stations won’t stay tuned in. Indicate right and sometimes the Sat Nav comes on for no reason. Bought the car from new and was so excited when it finally arrived, now when I do have it I don’t want to drive it because it is so unreliable. Anyone got any suggestions?...

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

You can go down the route of rejecting as per your consumer rights. However if successful you won't get the full sum back as it has been driven.
Regarding the stanav/indicator I had this issue and it was a faulty headlamp unit dropping voltage when braking and indicating right.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Fedup

Post by Fedup »

Hi, thanks for that, they have told me they are waiting on a fix from Vauxhall. I’ve been in touch with Head office and raised a complaint, but not getting anywhere fast. I would love if they could fix it, but I’m worried it will just keep happening again.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post