Deactivating Privacy Mode

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
bejay17

Post by bejay17 »

I have just bought a new Grandland X, have followed the instructions given by Vauxhall Connect to Deactivate the Privacy Mode by pressing the e and b call buttons. I should get an automated response to say that it is deactivated but I dont. I have contacted Vauxhall Customer Care who were useless and advised me to go back to the dealer. I did this and although they were very helpful couldn't find a solution. Does anybody know who I can contact to find a solution to this problem . I would have thought that it would be possible for Vauxhall to remotely find out if it has been deactivated or not. Many thanks

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello bejay17 and Welcome to the Forum

I have found this information below that should help you deactivate privacy mode. Hope this helps.

Deactivate Privacy Mode

In order for the majority of the Vauxhall
Connect services to function correctly,
you will need to ensure that data sharing
is made available in your vehicle.

Privacy Mode is activated as standard so
will need to be deactivated.

For most Vauxhall vehicles equipped with
a navigation system, follow these four
steps.

For Grandland X customers, or if your
vehicle is not equipped with a navigation
system, press the e-Call & b-Call buttons
together for 1 second to deactivate
privacy mode.

You will hear a tone and an automated
voice will advise that privacy mode is
‘deactivated’.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
bejay17

Post by bejay17 »

Many thanks for this information. Unfortunately what you have said is exactly what I have tried. I just dont get any response regarding privacy mode being deactivated when I press the e and b call buttons, but thanks again
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I would contact Customer service again and ask them to raise it with technical then to resolve the issue if the above is not working. Your dealership if you say are more helpful could raise it with technical as well.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
huffy

Post by huffy »

Hi, you don't say what model you have.
I've got an early 2020 Hybrid and have found that for my car bits of the Owners Manual are not right, privacy Mode being one.
I had to touch the little speech bubble with an exclamation mark in, located to the left of the clock on the Satnav screen, this opens the screen with the Privacy option.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
bejay17

Post by bejay17 »

Apologies, I am new to the forum. The vehicle is a 2021 1.2 Ultimate.
I tried the speech bubble but it doesn't provide any Privacy option when pressed. It simply confirms that services are activated.
Yesterday I did try pressing the e-Call and b-Call buttons as suggested by Vauxhall (previously this hadn't brought any response whatsoever) and this resulted in an automated voice stating the the vehicle was now in "Geo Located Mode".
According to Vauxhall's own literature I should have heard a "tone and a voice confirming that Privacy Mode was deactivated". I have no idea what Geo Located Mode is and can't find any reference to it. Could it be another way of saying Privacy Mode is deactivated?
I have lost patience with Customer Services so have put in a complaint to see if that brings more success. Thanks again

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post