Cam belt replacement after 34,000 miles

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
GXE

Post by GXE »

Hi All
My first post. My car is a 2018 Elite Nav 1.2 petrol engine which is great.
However 2 weeks ago a "low oil pressure" light came on whilst on motorway. Long story short it was towed to my local dealer who only this week advised the cam belt is being replaced under a "special warranty". The car has 34,000 on the clock. Trying to get a courtesy car has been ridiculous with the dealer saying Customer Care need to authorise and Customer Care saying the dealer is responsible. I've given up despite the inconvenience of being without a car. Just want it back. Now being told it will be ready on Tuesday (I will believe it only when it happens). Anyone else had these issues?

Valer

Post by Valer »

Belt break up is very common on the "wet belt" engines and not just the Vauxhall/Peugeot in the Grandland
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
dervdave

Post by dervdave »

Supposed to have been resolved on newer models with revised belt........ don't think so
GXE

Post by GXE »

Thanks very much for the information. I picked up the car yesterday. The dealer claimed it was in for a free winter check. The timing belt had been changed along with a vacuum pump seal, crankshaft seal, a new oil filter and new engine oil. None of this was recorded on the FOC receipt as it was undertaken on a "special coverage" basis and no guarantee/warranty provided as the car is nearly 4 years old and out of warranty. I thought regardless of the car age any fitted parts would have at least 1 year guarantee. I suspect there should be a recall for this 1.2 engine but it may be down to the number of complaints/ breakdowns- does anyone one what triggers a recall?
BBGrandlandX

Post by BBGrandlandX »

Hi, how much did cost you in the end? Also do you have any further updates on this as this issue/fault has just happened to me and just before christmas...wonderful.
GXE

Post by GXE »

It was FOC (free of charge).
Dr-rocroc

Post by Dr-rocroc »

What is the specification oil needed after wet belt replacement I know it’s 0/30. But what is the spec. Thanks.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1126

Welcome on board! There's another thread here you might like to read ..you did well and were lucky being invited in!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post