Hi All, Grandland 1.6 Hybrid Business Ed Nav 5dr Auto

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
IanA

Post by IanA »

Hi,
Well that's what it says on the Order Sheet.
I'd gone to a local dealer as our Mokka X Turbo was nearly at the end of its PCP. I was quite taken with the new Mokka but herself wanted a hybrid (admitting that range anxiety ruled out a Mokka-e) so 3 weeks later here I am.
It's a 2021 runout model so still has quite a few manual controls- which I prefer.
It also has a sensible tyre pressure monitoring system. I'd had problems with the Mokka when changing to steel rims with winter tyres. Getting the onboard to recognise pressure sensors in the wheels was problematic. With the Grandland there are no sensors in the wheels. I only have to adjust the pressures then tell the onboard they're set OK. It then compares rpm of each wheel and sends the alert when one varies too much.
I've no comments on the battery mileage yet but was surprised that the fuel tank is smaller at 43 litres compared to 53 for the petrol only version.
Cheers
Ian

brucey

Post by brucey »

Hi Ian, welcome.. Very sensible to get the Business Ed. Saves you a fortune in tax (well 1600 quid) I assume its the 225 hp front wheel drive only version? I drove one and it goes well but I had unfortunately driven the 300hp one first so it felt a bit puny ;-) The more hybrid drivers on this forum to share info the better!
-
Grandland Ultimate Nav 2020 Hybrid 4 :x
IanA

Post by IanA »

I've just had all four original tyres replaced after 28,000 miles with GoodYear Efficient Grip SUV items. Yes it does have tyre pressure monitors. It's just an easier system to set up than the one on our previous Mokka.

During the first service, a software upgrade that was scheduled to take 3.5 hours failed whilst being loaded so a second visit to the dealer was required. It failed again so the car was required for a second day. The dealer provided a Crossland (with an Opel VIN plate) as a courtesy car. It had a relatively high mileage at 28,000 after 19 months. I found some evidence that it had been a hire car.

We also had the recall procedure done whereby the battery retaining bracket has a hole drilled to let water drain out. Hopefully it won't rust now...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post