Another newbie

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Hello one and all.
I currently drive a 1.4 Mokka X elite Nav, Boracay Blue, rear camera, side steps, diamond cut wheels, sun roof, and LED's. Before this I had a 1.4 Mokka elite nav, silver, Bi-Xenon lights, front and rear cameras and side steps. I have loved both cars but have found that the boot is just too small for our needs now. My wife has a mobility scooter and although it comes apart I have to put the seat in the spare wheel well, battery behind the front seat leaving the main body and motor in the boot. So when the Grandland X appeared it seems the ideal size. I should also be able to get a hoist fitted easier than the Mokka. I'm currently looking at the 1.2 Elite. I've had a look at a Grandland in the showroom and actually saw one out on the road today.
I have belonged to the Mokka forum since my first one and have found it invaluable. It seems in this the Grandland has had some poor comments, not least that it's a Vauxhall badged Peugeot. Many comments that they wood never drive a Pug. I've owned Vauxhall's for many years and have been very pleased with all and the service from the dealers and do realise that it is based on a 308. But the dealer remains the same.
However, since looking at the Elite it seems they have removed many of the standard fittings from the 2019 model. One new thing for me is that I'm going to have to get an automatic due to left hip problems. Having driven manual cars for some 50 years it's going to be a new experience.
So I've been following this forum for a few weeks and decided to join up. I know the usefulness of these forums as the Mokka one has had great success in getting problems sorted by Vauxhall. On the Mokka the Bi-xenon lights use to bounce and after a great deal of pressure a software was brought out to solve this. With the early Mokka X the 1.4 engine had problem when pulling away in that you ended up doing a kangaroo away, stalling or drop in power. After telling everybody it was the way they drove and nothing was wrong they finally excepted there was a software problem and fixed it. It transformed the car.
So keep up the good work everybody in highlighting any problems. Power to the people.

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Welcome on board to the forums Ken, as a brand new model its inevitable that there will be failings when the actual users start to put the car through its paces. I for one have been happy with my dealer and how they approached it all in hindsight now. Obviously I would have preferred no issues, but thats not going to be the case with a new model.

On the car, I love the fact that I moved from an Antara to a Grandland and havent lost any capacity for the things that I travel with. The great thing about the boot is that it has no wheel arches in it, so its totally square and fits my gear in perfectly. Taking the spare tyre out too makes the boot nice and deep. Even taking the parcel shelf out if necessary is a breeze. I carry round a folding mobility scooter occasionally, absolutely no problem and its a bonus with the boot being electronic with keyless entry so having no fiddling on with keys and just a wave of the foot to open it.

I also love the fact that the back seat is also the same principle - no middle 'lump' for the centre passenger - a totally flat floor. When Ive been a passenger (in my own car!) it feels cavernous in the back and I realise how spacious the car actually is.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Welcome to the forums, touch wood I have had no problems yet, very happy with the Grandland. Always had a soft spot for the Mokka and got my sister to buy one, always a bit small for me, that's why I came from an Astra Sports Tourer.

As per the spec change, it looks like they have removed the tinted windows and keyless from the spec ( not sure if that means electric tailgate also, but I think that to has been removed),They have removed OnStar as well.
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
varnie

Post by varnie »

As a current owner of a mokka 1.4SE. Auto
I have a hoist in mine to get my scooter into the back, the only problem I have, is I have to fold down the N/S back seat and then I can not get the drivers seat far enough back, as I like to stretch my legs while driving.
As my mobility lease is due for renewal later this month I ordered a new Grandland x as it had the bigger boot and more room , and getting the hoist transferred to that F.O.C by the company whom supplied it originally.
Only problem I have now is due to the new spec change the new grandland auto will not be available till mid November so a bit longer to wait.