Hello everybody!!

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
1958Model

Post by 1958Model »

Hi all,
I have had my last two cars new. At 60 years of age, I wanted my next new also, my wife being a TAXI driver, has had a lot of 2nd hand cars, which she has driven the cr@p out of, & thrown loads of money at, then retired, I wanted a car big enough to get into, also no problem with. So I decided on a SUV, also a Vauxhall!!! Didn't want a foreign make :roll: , (Grandland is made in Korea!!!!) British Badge!!! :lol: So far, so good!!!!!
Tune. Tweak. Fiddle! BANG!!!!BUGGER!

Plastivore

Post by Plastivore »

Welcome!

I think you may have confused the Grandland X with another car: it is not made in Korea, but in France, in Socheaux, which is the flagship Peugeot factory as the car is born from a partnership between GM and PSA, and that was before Opel - and therefore Vauxhall - was sold to PSA. The main reason is that the Grandland X is virtually a Peugeot 3008 with different body and interior, otherwise everything else is pretty much the same. Some French reviewers say that they find the ride in the Grandland X a bit firmer than in the 3008 (not necessarily in a bad way, mind you, they think it's been tweaked to make it feel more German, as Opel is a German brand after all), but I kind of doubt it, though I haven't been able to try a 3008 anyway - I much prefer the looks of the Grandland X!
18 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 1.6 Turbo D