Hi all - Grandland ordered.

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
Iannocenti

Post by Iannocenti »

Hi all!

Been browsing the forum for a few weeks......thought I'd best register now as I've "bitten the bullet" and ordered a Grandland.

Looking forward to delivery in a couple of weeks time. :-)

Ian

Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Welcome aboard Ian. So which model have you gone for?
Iannocenti

Post by Iannocenti »

Hi Ken,

I've gone for the 1.2 Elite Nav in Quartz metallic + LED AFL

Looking forward to picking it up and seeing how it fares. :)
Iannocenti

Post by Iannocenti »

Just had a call from dealership: Grandland has arrived and ready to be collected tomorrow :-)

Can't wait!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi, just thought i would drop a note, asking how you are going on with your new Grandland.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Iannocenti

Post by Iannocenti »

Hi Andy,
I have a few appointments today so not collecting it until after mid-day.
Will let you know once I get my paws on it :-)
Iannocenti

Post by Iannocenti »

So, after just over 200 miles and a brief 'play' with the various gadgets and gizmos...

1.2 petrol pulls extraordinarily well! I've noticed very little difference between this 1.2 and the 1.4i turbo (Ltd edition GTC) it replaced. Quiet, smooth and a nice little growl when you give it a bit more revs.

Ride height was surprisingly quick to get used to and I was soon throwing it into corners with no problems at all. Far less body roll than I expected.

Not had chance to delve into the settings for the various driver aids, but all appear to do their job well; the lane departure warning / correction isn't too intrusive.

LED Adaptive front lights are stunning! You really do have to see them in action for yourself. Fantastic.

Overall, and bearing in mind I've had the car 12 hours, I'm VERY happy!
Looking forward to clocking up many more miles!
:-)
phil1876

Post by phil1876 »

Hi Ian

I'm thinking of ordering a Grandland, but can't make my mind up between a 1.2 petrol or a 1.5 diesel, can you give any advice on what the 1.2 drives like and real time MPG?

Many Thanks
Phil
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

phil1876 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:02 pm Hi Ian

I'm thinking of ordering a Grandland, but can't make my mind up between a 1.2 petrol or a 1.5 diesel, can you give any advice on what the 1.2 drives like and real time MPG?

Many Thanks
Phil
Hi Phil, I average about 39 mpg with a 1.2 at the moment, some variance but generally this. The drive is a dream, pull is great and speedy. The 1.5 came about around a year back and who knows whats next. The 1.2, especially the sport nav, seems to be the biggest push as a seller right now for around town and occasional motorway. If you do more motorway then the 1.5 diesel might be a better option?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
phil1876

Post by phil1876 »

Thanks Jase

I do more motorway driving than on a daily basis than round the doors, plus i have twin 3 year olds so probably will go for the diesel option, as the amount of stuff we have to cart about on a family day out is ridiculous.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Phil

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post