Newbie but cheating a bit

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
niveketak

Post by niveketak »

Hi, I live in France and therefore have the Opel Grandland. It is a 2018 model designated Innovation as the trim level and has the 1.6 litre 120 bhp engine. Forums in France tend to be little if ever used so I thought the UK version would be better. Anyway hello to all and I hope to be a regular participant.

Plastivore

Post by Plastivore »

Welcome!

I concur! I guess French people (including myself :mrgreen: ) are quite chauvinistic, so they go for the 3008 instead, hence the lack of activity for the Grandland in car forums. Just having a look at the Caradisiac forums says it all. I personally prefer the looks of the Grandland, and in the UK it was slightly better equipped for slightly cheaper than the corresponding 3008. And it's still a fairly chauvinistic choice since it's made in Sochaux (you can't get more Peugeot fanboy than having a car from Sochaux), despite the Vauxhall badge.

I guess you'll get the pun: my French friends here (Edinburgh) refer to my car as 'Le Groland', so I guess it's been baptised, now! I suppose you have similar remarks in France. I even considered buying a personalised plate with the letters GRD, but can't justify the £250 for it. I'll try and get a sticker instead. :lol:
18 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 1.6 Turbo D