Hello New to the group

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
PMX03

Post by PMX03 »

Hi everyone, new to the group last week so I’ve been ready up on the Grandland X and I’m beginning to worry that the new GL X I’m due to collect next moth might not have been the best idea ! There seems to be a lot of problems with them, I currently drive a Tucson diesel just turned 20k on the clock, not without its problems either I might add! I’m very fussy about my cars as they’re not easy paid for - What’s your overall consensus on the Grandland X after having one a while ? :)

Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Welcome to the group. In my experience most owners only turn to forums and post when there is a problem or issue. If you consider this against the thousands of cars sold, not to mention this isn’t a very high activity group or many posts, I think it’s probably fair to say the GLX is a reliable motor. New cars are never without their issues but feel rest assured the dealer and warranty should take care of that in most cases. I tend to buy my vehicles once they have been run in and the niggles ironed out. I personally love the GLX and for the price I think it’s fabulous value. I am also confident the underpinnings are reliable and should serve me well for years to come.

Simon
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Welcome to the forum. I've been very happy with my Grandland X which I picked up (new) in February, so why shouldn't you be?
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Happy here, over 18 months now
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Lots of positives to report amongst the grumbles. Still think the Grandland is my best choice on the market for the price I wanted to pay. Certainly wouldn't want the plastic Peugeot!!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Kitkat8617

Post by Kitkat8617 »

Hello and a warm welcome to the group.
I have had my Grandland which I bought new on April 10th this year.
I am also very fussy, but I can honestly say that I have had no problems with the vehicle.
It is comfortable, quiet(1.2 Turbo Petrol),very practical and roomy
Also getting average of 37mpg round town, which i don't consider bad for a relatively large vehicle.
Providing you have a good dealer who does the PDI correctly, you should have a good reliable car
Enjoy!!
PMX03

Post by PMX03 »

Vainona70 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:27 pm Welcome to the forum. I've been very happy with my Grandland X which I picked up (new) in February, so why shouldn't you be?

ive read (FB GLX page) Sooooooo many problems with these SUV's so far which worries me a lot as I just can't be bothered runnin back to the dealership time and time again, I'm very fussy and I'm payin a lot of money for it so I want it to be right!
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

14 months old and never been back to the garage except for a service. Best, most reliable car I have ever had.
Aberoy

Post by Aberoy »

In the grand scheme of things all new cars come with problems in some. I’m sure if you read any other models pages there will be those with problems.
If you also read all the good posts then you will see just as many posts that say they’re very happy with the car.
Had mine since January and (touch wood) I have nothing but praise for it! A few minor design faults but the car itself has been brilliant.
I plan on keeping it for 3-4 years and will certainly look to relaxing g it like for like!
Grandland X 1.2T (130) Elite Nav