Privacy Glass

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
ancient and loyal

Post by ancient and loyal »

Hi I recently got my new Grandland X the car I saw in the showroom had privacy glass so was expecting mine to have it, when it arrived without it I was told that new legislation meant that cars could no longer be made with it. Does anyone know if this true or not
Cheers

Dag Hammar

Post by Dag Hammar »

Which spec do you have, is it brand new and when was it ordered by you ? Vauxhall regularly change / upgrade/ downgrade the specs and if you read many of the posts on this forum you will find that several Grandland X owners did not receive the car they were expecting. Specifically, the powered tailgate.
The dealer that told you what he did regarding “new legislation” needs retraining.
A useful link to government regulations regarding tinted windows is below. Note that the strict rules apply to front windscreen and both side windows at the front. The rear side windows and the rear window itself are a free for all. A good example of this is a car derived van.

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules
Deleted User 864

Post by Deleted User 864 »

What spec did you order. I picked mine up on 4th March, SRI Nav and mine has tinted rear windows.
ancient and loyal

Post by ancient and loyal »

It.s an Elte Nav 69 plate ordered Aug last year tinted glass should have been standard but as i mentioned before it came without it
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

If you ordered it in Aug 2019 you will have got a 2020 year build and the spec for the Elite Nav is an optional extra of £275 and only standard on SRI and Ultimate.
Dag Hammar

Post by Dag Hammar »

ancient and loyal, I agree with dbuckel, above. Consequently although you missed out on the rear privacy glass which is listed as an option for £275 I believe that your model should have as standard a heated front windscreen and also the fixed panel glass panoramic roof.
Is that the case ?
edit, cannot have the panoramic glass roof if the car has roof rails.