Introducing myself to the forum

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Hi all from Aberdeen Scotland, just bought today 21/7/2020 my new Grandland X SRI NAV Turbo 1.2 White with Black roof, and it looks GRAND right enough lol.

As me and my wife had a car each and this lockdown started we realised we didn't need 2 cars so traded them in and now the driveway looks sooooo much bigger lol.

Have added all the mod cons ie winter pack, chrome roof rails, Tec pack, body protection upgrade,even added the spare wheel A WHAT THE HELL.

so now i have it home all the info and its baffling, prob have lots of questions to ask as i go, but can anyone tell me when i reverse there is no noise ?? till i am near an object, is this right as all our other cars made a noise as you reversed this one only when about a mt away, is there an option to have the noise on while reversing.
i am sure ill be back with more questions, but loving the way it looks and drives

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Welcome on board! Nice colour and extras choices!

My reverse sensors only beep when it's nearing something.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
uriahheep

Post by uriahheep »

Hi people, my handle is Uriah Heep (my favourite band) and I am just about to order a new grandland X hybrid, business edition. Loved the test drive and all the info I have seen seems very positive, I would however appreciate comments/criticisms from anyone about this car, it is also my first Vauxhall.
Thanks.
Ozzy1331

Post by Ozzy1331 »

My only problem is the Hefty price tag on them
uriahheep

Post by uriahheep »

Can't argue with the price tag and I do not think they will reduce when their popularity grows either but the test drive convinced me to spend the extra bit for fuel economy (and the environment), just hope the car turns out to be as food as my Renault Captur in the longer term.
gpwilliams

Post by gpwilliams »

Hi all, recently got a 2019 1.2 turbo sport nav, was looking to get a rear bike carrier for this car but have seen on reviews that one can’t be used on Grandland x, Vauxhall dealers don’t seem to know only that they don’t sell them for this model, would anybody know the reason why one can’t be used, thanks if anybody can help, Grey
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi gpwilliams

I just did a quick google search and this came up so should be the same part numbers for Vauxhall as its opel. Hope this helps.

https://www.opel-accessories.com/opel_a ... !336518975
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Dusty Miller

Post by Dusty Miller »

Hi just joined the forum. I have just bought grandland x. 18 plate. Front parking sensors not working took the car back to dealership who checked it over and told me some models don't have front sensors. But I have the sensor ports in the front bumper. Is this the case
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Dusty Miller This seems very odd if you have the sensors on the front bumper then you have them sounds like an excuse to me and I haven't heard of them coming without front sensors.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Dusty Miller

Post by Dusty Miller »

:?:Thanks tried to find out if any models have not got front sensors but could not find any info can anyone help?