Grandland X newby

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Hi, hopefully picking up my s/h 69 plate Grandland X Elite auto tomorrow. Have test driven it a couple of times and looking forward to driving to France sometime soon. Did look at the Peugeot 3008, Skoda Karoq and Seat Ateca but considering the differences and drive ability which were similar it came down to the price deal, availability and not forgetting the dealer’s service and attitude which the Vauxhall dealer had in abundance. I am trading in an Astra so there will be a noticeable difference in handling and performance but the Grandland X suits my needs totally. Not happy regarding not having a spare but the dealer has offered a skinny wheel as part of the deal. I bought a full size alloy for the Astra which takes up a lot of space in the boot. I am thinking of buying a full size 19” spare for the Grandland, does anyone know if it will fit below the flex floor if raised? Will report back after a few miles or kilometres en France

John12b

Post by John12b »

I have 18 inch wheels ,and I got a full size rim off ebay ( with kerb rash ) put a tyre on and it fits with plenty of room .A 19 inch should fit with no trouble. The way to be sure would be to take a wheel off and try it in.
Grandland x sports nav 1.5 diesel
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Good idea, will check it out. Thanks.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Welcome on board - happy travels!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Thanks Grandlanders, have checked that the 19” wheel can be stored in the well, in fact it does state that in the manual p232. Having done that I found it a struggle to put the wheel back on the hub single handedly. Am I missing something because not having had to change a wheel for some considerable time like since the last century and use to having studs to install the wheel on to. Anyway, I’ll manage one way or the other and continue to enjoy the Grandland X drive experience. Safe driving.
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Like you, I experimented with changing a wheel at home.
I passed a long tommy-bar through the wheel and into the threaded hub.
That enabled me to lift the wheel and align the bolt holes.
I now carry the tommy-bar with the spare wheel tools.
2020 Hybrid 4
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Hi Moss5, thanks for the info. That’s a good idea I’ll give it a try. I was also thinking of say 2 x long threaded studs to use as a guide but the bar appears better with ability to lift and locate. Do you know if the existing bolts are standard M12 threads? Stay safe and thanks again.
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

Wheel bolts for alloys or Steel.JPG

Sorry, I did not apply my calliper to the wheel bolts. I suggest you order two and cut the heads off to create the studs that you desire.
I was impressed with the design of the bolts. Dual purpose for Alloys and Steel. The spare steel wheel is secured by the conical portion of the bolt, and the alloys use the washered bolt head. No need to carry extra bolts for the steel spare.
2020 Hybrid 4

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post