A quick question if I may.

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
nigelbrooks

Post by nigelbrooks »

Just about to press the button on an order for an Elite Nav auto. None of the dealers that I have visited has a Diesel variant in stock/ in the showroom/ used on the forecourt. Currently have a Diesel Kuga Titanium X.

The question, how refined /noisy is the Diesel variant. I do enough miles to justify it but the Kuga sounds like a clapped out taxi or old MF tractor on a bad day.

If you have a Diesel Grandland X I would really appreciate your observations.
Last edited by nigelbrooks on Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nigelbrooks

Post by nigelbrooks »

If I could spell 'question' it would be even better!
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

I got a diesel and I think it sounds reasonable. Not loud like most but then again not as quiet as a petrol. Definitely not unpleasant and easy to live with.

Get good 500 miles on full tank with a bit of heavy acceleration so economical as well. If you do a lot of miles I think you'll be happy.
nigelbrooks

Post by nigelbrooks »

Cheers. "Not loud" is good enough, you can hear a Diesel Kuga from down the street. Thought that it was mine but the MY2018 variants are all like it.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Yeah, can agree, mine is very quiet for a diesel but as we know they tend to become a little noisier with age.
Had over 73mpg on a motorway run, again recently it was 65mpg. Overall consumption, all roads, averages at 54mpg. I did 50k in a 1.6D 3008 over 4 years and averaged 54mpg so would expect no less from this psa diesel.
Will recommend.
NigelB

Post by NigelB »

Those consumption figures have got me chomping at the bit. Thanks ever so much for replying. Off to the dealer on Saturday. God knows how many cars I've ordered in almost fifty years of driving. Why do I still get so ruddy excited?😀
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

All consumption figures being affected by the way each of us drive and where, when, obviously but would think the grandland will perform better than the kuga. The bigger diesel isn't as economical and the smaller engine being underpowered so also less economical, I believe.
My lower average mpg figure of 54 will return around 630 miles per tank.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I don't own a Diesel I have the Petrol version of the Grandland but I have seen quite a few Diesel Grandland's and haven't found them to be loud. I would of thought though with technology and improvements in engines it will be an improvement on the Kuga.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
nigelbrooks

Post by nigelbrooks »

Thanks everyone, Order goes in on Wednesday for an Elite Nav Diesel automatic in Cobalt Blue. Got a couple of days to decide if I want any extras,.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Good to hear you will be getting a Grandland

What extra options have you been offered?

Did you have a chance to test drive one ?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator