How long will battery last if not used?

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Just curious if anyone has experience of not using their Grandland at all for a while and the battery going flat? Preferably for the 1.2 petrol but any experiences welcomed. Despite doing a long 300 mile drive recently, after a few weeks of only short trips I notice the economy mode message appearing on the driver information display. Just wondering how many days/weeks the car can stand on the drive before the voltage drops too low to start the engine? Assume it’s the standard i.e not ideal start stop battery (another thread!).

Thanks
Simon

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I suppose it depends on the condition of the battery when the car is parked up. Due to a health scare earlier this year, my GLX was parked up for 4 weeks while I was unable to drive per the DVLA. I chose not to start it on the driveway, thinking it would be better waiting until it could be driven for 50 odd miles when it was first started. After the 4 weeks it started first time & I've encountered no issues since, leaving stop/start to one side.

Stop/start is a technology I'm not fond of, so not having this available is a plus for me. It worked properly before the car was laid up & it's now starting (non pun intended) to operate again after 4 months of moderate driving.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Leoshirebrook

Post by Leoshirebrook »

Hi, I had issues with battery in my GLX 1.5d 8 speed auto, usually drive on motorway nearly 14000 during 10 month , I bought Corsa for my wife and I was using this car to cut the miles , I left my GLX on driveway and after a week engine wouldn't start, to make clear I have never been used start/stop as I hate it, RAC technical did test and told me that it is battery fault, Mansfield Pentagon branch didn't resolve this issue and told that battery been fully recharge and everything will be fine, unfortunately it wasn't true and after two days I wouldn't start engine again, info on screen: eco mode activated system will be switched off, info on dashboard : gearbox fault , engine need to be repair, nothing to worry about as the computer was unable to start engine and it was only reason for such info, second visit RAC the same test , the same result, battery fault, finally Pentagon Sheffield sorted out this issue and changed battery, to be fair, Vauxhall has lots of issues with batteries so if yours car is under warranty push them to change battery even they will told you that everything is fine, regards

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post