sat nav map version

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Andyone

Post by Andyone »

HI there new to this group and only had my Grandland x for a few weeks was wondering if the dealer would have updated the maps ? is there an easy way to check the map version ?

Thanks in advance Grandlanders :D :D
Gradland X 2018 sport nav

Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

Latest version is 18(q2/2020). Search forum for the tomtom link. My vauxhall is only offering version 15 (g2/2019) and peugeot website does not accept VX Vin anymore. To see which version you are on press the car button on infortainment, then vehicle settings, then sys info then the view incon twice. This will give your map and firmware version.
Latest firmware is 21-08-84-12(sept 2020) also search forum for link(probably in faults section of forum)
To update- download file, unzip with WINRAR OR 7ZIP to a 32 Gb usb memory stick. Insert in car front usb slot, start engine do not switch off until finished will take around 40 minutes
Dealers have not a clue and do not understand how to update.
Pm me if you have problems or questions.
You may get some error messaged like "no media" "not campatible" just remove stick and reinsert until update kicks in
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
Andyone

Post by Andyone »

Thanks, will look tomorrow 😀
Gradland X 2018 sport nav
NeilH

Post by NeilH »

Echo comment on dealers not understanding infotainment system. Took mine back because discovered 3 weeks after purchase that did not have latest maps, which I thought was a bit poor.
My Vauxhall said needed a software update, dealer insisted software was up to date. Of course they were talking about different software!
Just add a couple of points, first USB must be formatted in FAT32, secondly as already pointed out you might get the no media message, I kept taking my Flash Drive out until I accidentally left it I while doing something else and the update burst into life.
WHY are there no decent instructions?
Rango12345

Post by Rango12345 »

Latest update

IMG_20210303_173707.jpg