Satnav

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

Morning All, new to the forum got a 2020 grandland x sri, very impressed with the car. First time doing some distance and it was brilliant apart from one thing the satnav is way out of date, I'm from Brierley Hill in the West Midlands and was going to Great Yarmouth, four times the satnav took me the wrong way, where do I purchase new updates from any help would be really appreciated.

Fred.
2020 Grandland x sri Blue Petrol

Tony211053

Post by Tony211053 »

Hi Fred
I updated my 2019 Grandland Sports Nav using vauxhalls official site using - my.vauhall.co.uk (make sure full stops entered as i have typed) - register and find map/firmware updates FOR FREE. Patience is required as the downloads/uploading to computer/USB stick/vehicle can take some time but i found the map update especially useful.
Hope you get on ok
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Fred Chance and Welcome to the Forum .

Vauxhall have recently released a App called Vauxhall Update which you can download on your PC this will update your Sat Nav maps and Software to the latest version.
I have included the link of the topic on the forum below which will give you more information.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=799&start=60
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

Hi Guy's
Thanks so much for the replies all information appreciated and will give it a try but got to lend laptop from my son lol only got a chrome book don't know if I can update software on that? Will let you know how I get on.
Thanks
Fred
Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

Hi All
Right had a right game trying to get this update sorted nearly three hours on laptop with little to no joy. Managed to get on site only once was asked to put in Vin number which i did to then be showed a message saying (Vauxhall update does not allow the update for this vehicle. We recomend you to access to the website of the brand ?????) Not a clue. thought I'd put in the incorrect Vin Number so tried again ( even though I'd took photo of Vin number) tried again still no joy. getting wound up a little now so switched off laptop and made a coffee, right round two.

This time it was even worse can't even get on the site keep having message off Vauxhall Update setup:- Installation aborted setup was not completed successfully, Ive tried and tried but no joy........... looks like going out and buying a Garmin should I be having this much trouble. Help please lol.

Fred.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hey

Did you download the Vauxhall update App? Its normally the easiest way to do it. You add your Vin it will then check for updates then ask you to connect a USB and download it for you. Then all you need to do it connect the USB to the car. It could be that your car is too new and it might not recognise it. If so it may be a trip to the dealership.

The only other way to do it is to visit the Vauxhall website link below and try this way but more people have issues this way then the above.

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners/infor ... and-x.html
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

Hi ya yes downloaded app on to laptop but when asked to put in Vin Number it says Vauxhall doesn't allow update.

Fred
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Oh that's unusual I have not seen that before.

Have you typed in at least 17 Characters for your Vin?

nav.png

Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

Hi Ya
Yes took photo of Vin and the app will not work with out 17 figures typed in just can't understand why it's so difficult
Thanks
Fred
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

So you cant get any further than above? The photo I have attached.