Satnav

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

Yes thats correct can't get any further than outting in the Vin Number
2020 Grandland x sri Blue Petrol

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Right ok. So you get an error message of Vauxhall cant update or something like that?

It might be easier for you to try the other option on the Vauxhall website with the link I posted on the post before as it sounds like its not recognising your VIN for some reason,
If this is the case it might be worth you contacting Vauxhall to get it resolved.
Sorry I couldn't be much more help.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

You've been a big help l will try updating the other way and let you know how I get on.
Thanks
Fred
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Glad I could help. Hope it works for you 👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
nallen132

Post by nallen132 »

Also check out what method the SatNav is usinng for routing. there fastest. shortest and compromised and something else i cant remember it makes a difference to the planned route
Buggy1967

Post by Buggy1967 »

Hi I cant get the updates to download at all using the Vauxhall App. i have tried for the last 5 days and the download just keeps freezing. thought it was my OInternet connection but that is running OK.has anyone got any advice?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Buggy1967 I would contact Vauxhall Head office and explain the issue your having.

If you desperately want to update just your maps then you can try the other way from the Vauxhall website.

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners/infor ... and-x.html
Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

Hi All
At last I've managed to update the system software and also the mapping. It been updated from (system update) 21.07.67.32_NAC-r0, 2019-02-15 to 21.08.87.32_NAC-r1 2021-02-03
Mapping update from11.0.0-r0 2018-08-07 to 20.0.0-r0 2021-01-08. It's taken me a few days to get this sorted out and what shocked me the most was just how useless Vauxhall were. To be honest the people I spoke to hadn't a clue. But the best is yet to come couldn't get the My Vauxhall app to work I managed to get to the log on page only once the page that asked you for your Vin number when I put my Vin number in it came back with this (Vauxhall update does not allow the update for this vehicle. We recommend you to access to the website of the brand.) Came out of app and tried to access the app again with no joy keeps coming back with this (Vauxhall update setup.
Installation aborted
Setup was not completed successfully.)

How I got the update in the end was to go on the Peugeot site and download the updates from there. It asked me for my Vin number which I put in and it told me I'd got 2 updates to install.

At least I've got my system updated now and it's working fine, as for Vauxhall........... I've got no words.

Fred.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks for letting us know and good to hear its finally updated. I used to use Peugeot website before for the latest map updates but then it stopped working with my VIN.
Fred Chance

Post by Fred Chance »

Thanks for the reply GrandlandX68 I've noticed the radio starts a lot quicker and still got that horrible grey writing apart from the temperature top left of the screen which is now white. Can you tell me how often do you get software and map updates?
Will try and install the software for the Vauxhall update app on my son's laptop
but to be honest I'm not holding my breath. If I do find anything else out and manage to sort out the Vauxhall app I'll let you know.

Fred