Dashcams

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
duncabin

Post by duncabin »

I'm about to install dash cam. Tried to remove glove box but can only find 4 screws. 3 along top and 1 on the right side at bottom. Any body know we're the 5th screw is? If there is one. Going a canny eyed looking for it.

duncabin

Post by duncabin »

Should have said it's a 19 plate. Picked hi last week.
dbuckel

Post by dbuckel »

To. Duncabin. . If you open the car door the piece of dash in the door aperture just clips in. So give it a small tug from the top, there is another screw in there.
duncabin

Post by duncabin »

Thank you buckle. Found it. Now to find fuse.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I bought my nextbase 412 for £89 from Halfords,£20 for the proper hardwire kit and £10 to fit it. Glad I paid the tenner,what a job they done.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
Jamie226

Post by Jamie226 »

Hi guys I need to install my hardwire kit but for my camera I need constant live feed so if my car is touched when car is parked overnight it comes on and records then goes off.what fuse is live all time.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I fitted a viofo a119 v3 myself. Superb quality and very discreet, sticks to the black dotted area at the top of the windscreen near the inside mirror. I placed it on the passenger side as close to the top and mirror as possible. You would hardly notice it from outside so I leave it in, although it can be easily unclipped if wanted. I originally had a Nextbase 402 with a suction mount, but the mount was quite bulky and fell off in hot weather. The viofo is a lot more discreet, and has amazing sensitivity at night. I used the original car kit from Nextbase which I wired in myself. You don’t need to remove the fusebox, just the glovebox and there is an adaptor that replaces one of the fuses and then you insert the fuse into it. Kind of piggy back connector. The hardest bit was hiding the wire around the headlining above the passenger door. I tried lifting the edge of the front headlining where it overlaps the rear part to cross the wire underneath from the top to the door pillar. The wire is under it and invisible but the headlining doesn’t quite fit flush at the join. Not really noticeable unless you are a bit OCD like me! Might just stick it with a dab of adhesive some time. Did it myself and it looks very pro with no wire showing.
Ian T

Post by Ian T »

BlackVue 2 channel front and rear cameras this is the third vehicle they have been in very good quality
sjaeagle5

Post by sjaeagle5 »

Hi Jamie226,
I believe this isn't going to work how you want it to.
If you want the camera to record whilst parked you need to set parking mode to ON.
If you wire the camera into an ALWAYS LIVE connection, the camera will be on all the time and never go off until the car battery voltage drops below a certain level.
I hope this helps and if I have got anything wrong, please feel free to correct me. The above is my understanding.
2018 Topaz Blue Grandland X 1.2T S/S SE
sjaeagle5

Post by sjaeagle5 »

I hardwired in a Nextbase 312GW at the weekend.
It wasn't quite as easy as I thought.
I couldn't get the glovebox out (5 screws to remove) as the screw to the right, nearest the centre console, just turned and didn't come out at all.
Plan B - as I had already removed the piece of dashboard next to the door, I had to stick my arm in through the open glovebox to get to the fusebox.
I just about managed to get fuse 33 out and installed the piggyback, then tucked all the wires behind the piece of dashboard I removed earlier.
It took me about an hour as trying to get hold of fuse 33 and get it out took about 20 minutes!
As long as you have slim enough fingers and a bit of patience, you don't necessarily have to remove the glovebox.

I have a Grandland X 1.2T S/S SE
2018 Topaz Blue Grandland X 1.2T S/S SE