Dashcams

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Fusebox is behind glovebox. So watch forum for instructions.

Alybhoy

Post by Alybhoy »

As I said previously, why is getting into the fuse box such a drama? You should be able to pop the cover off and get on with the job.
Instead on the Grandland the glove box has to be unscrewed and even then it's not easy.
Poor design from Vauxhall......
No1sonuk

Post by No1sonuk »

Where are hardwiring people fitting the camera itself?
I'm not sure what can/can't be obscured with the sensors, etc.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Mine is just to the left of the rearview mirror, so it is partially obscured from my view by the mirror. Not in the way of any sensors
Grandland X | 1.2 Manual | Topaz Blue
No1sonuk

Post by No1sonuk »

seyahremmus wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:26 am Mine is just to the left of the rearview mirror, so it is partially obscured from my view by the mirror. Not in the way of any sensors
Thanks. Which camera do you have? Was it dealer-installed?
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

No1sonuk wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:23 pm
seyahremmus wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:26 am Mine is just to the left of the rearview mirror, so it is partially obscured from my view by the mirror. Not in the way of any sensors
Thanks. Which camera do you have? Was it dealer-installed?
Garmin 55 or 65. Installed by Halfords. Would have done it myself but didn't want to be pulling bits of trim apart on a brand new car haha
No1sonuk

Post by No1sonuk »

Thanks.
I have a Nextbase 312GW I had in my Zafira. I've been trying it temporarily in the place you describe. My next job is the wiring.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

It seemed quite easy to smuggle the wires behind the head lining and down the pillat
Incontinent Lemur

Post by Incontinent Lemur »

You need to be mindful of where exactly you place your dash cam so that you are not breaking any laws. A lot of people aren't actually aware that their dash cam is placed illegally. Something to do with obstruction of your windscreen and driver's view and all of that.

Speaking from personal experience, I bought myself a F200 from https://www.racshop.co.uk/thinkware-f200-dash-cam.html and had it fitted as I didn't have the time to try and hardwire it myself. Overall it's a good dash cam, but sure there will be better models out there.

I've heard Roadhawk dash cams are pretty good, too.
No1sonuk

Post by No1sonuk »

I have mine to the left of the camera in the windscreen, behind the mirror.
I can only just see the bottom of it.

It was a pig to run the cable up inside the door pillar trim. I ended up using a borescope camera I have to run a string down, then used the string to pull the cable up.