Dashcams

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Not long now until my Grandland shows up (been in to sign the finance paper today) and I'm thinking of having a dashcam fitted when I get it. As with most things, the choice out there is bewildering so my question is what dashcam do you have?
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2

Denp

Post by Denp »

I had Halfords fit a Nextbase Dash Cam 512 GW as it was on Special Offer. I had the Hard Wired option so that it turns on when I start the engine. It works very well.

I took several staff over 90 minutes to complete the work, however as the Grandland X is fairly new and none of them had seen one before.
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

Hard wiring is best but easy to do yourself. I connected to fuse no 33 (front 12v outlet) hiding the wire is easy too
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

I've got Garmin 55 plus. For the features and quality it is good value
Grandland X | 1.2 Manual | Topaz Blue
Alybhoy

Post by Alybhoy »

I tried to access the fuse box behind the glovebox, but when I took the fuse box lid off, there was a panel of connector blocks in the way!
Any suggestions? Annoyingly I could see the fuse I wanted to get to...I think, but no room for a hand.....
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

It's easy to get to the fusebox if you undo the 5 screws that hold the glovebox in. It then drops forward and gives much better access.
Alybhoy

Post by Alybhoy »

Taking the glove box out is easy, but shouldn't be necessary! A simple blown fuse is going to be a bigger job than it should be.....
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Taking glove box out takes 5 mins max. Dead easy to get to fuses once it's out.
sevenmpd

Post by sevenmpd »

Hi new member I see dsrogan hard wired his dash cam and connected to fuse 33, if he reads this post how did you get through the bulkhead as my fuse box is in the engine bay next to the battery ?

Cheers
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

On mine the box under the bonnet was just relays. The fuse box is in the glovebox. 5 screws drops the glove box out of the way. Then connect to either fuse 32 or 33.
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5