Foot rest.

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
spikey

Post by spikey »

2D0E33DB-7D59-41BB-9949-AE49479B2AB1.jpeg

7CF09C72-1071-435E-BF0D-9EBA8C9D9256.jpeg

That dammed footrest finally had to go. :D
Attached a couple of photos, one of the polystyrene block you encounter when you remove the plastic top off the footrest and one of the finished job. Carpet patched up with a piece of a spare rear floor mat.
Removed the excess polystyrene very carefully as there is a cable that I suspect is carrying digital signals to and from the rear of the vehicle running down the side of the transmission tunnel.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Did the footrest get damaged ?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
spikey

Post by spikey »

I fear that you may have misread my comment. It was a dammed footrest not damaged. I removed the plastic top of the footrest with a sharp knife as step 1 of the removal procedure.
I personally have never liked the footrest obstructing your foot as you use the clutch. I put up with it on my first Grandland from 2018 - 2020 but decided it had to go on my latest Grandland.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok. It has never annoyed me while driving in nearly 3 years. Thanks for showing us your adaptation.
Do you feel its better now its gone and easier to drive?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
spikey

Post by spikey »

For me personally it’s a much better driving experience with the footrest removed, perhaps I just have big feet.
In the early days of the Forum a number of members including me commented about problems regarding the foot rest getting in the way when using the clutch. I suspect that over time people have got used to it.
JohnBod

Post by JohnBod »

Funny you mention this. I picked up my Grandland on Friday and the footrest has been annoying me ever since. Thought it was my size 11 wide fit shoes until my daughter drove the car yesterday. She has size 6 feet! Spoken to the dealer, we'll see if we can get it removed or narrowed
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

I don't have small feet and my foot rest is miles away from the clutch. Not anywhere near interfering with my driving. Odd.
Valer

Post by Valer »

I think these large footrests are something they like to use nowadays,
i drove a Corsa F the other week and the footrest was really big and in the way of using the clutch (i've size8 feet),
i thought it would have looked more at home in a truck than a small car.
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

spikey wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:16 pm For me personally it’s a much better driving experience with the footrest removed, perhaps I just have big feet.
In the early days of the Forum a number of members including me commented about problems regarding the foot rest getting in the way when using the clutch. I suspect that over time people have got used to it.
Fair enough if it makes a better driving experience for you.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post