How does the cabin noise of the Grandland X compare to other SUVS?

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Having now owned a Grandland Sport 1.2 puretech (mid 2018) for a few years, I am wondering if the cabin noise on a motorway run at 60mph is expected or noisier than other SUVs. I haven’t owned any other SUV, but this GX does ‘seem’ to be a bit noisier in the cabin that say my previous Astra GTC 1.4 petrol. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not annoying or as bad as my old 1.2 Corsa at 60mph, but it’s certainly not extremely calm, relaxed or as quiet as I would expect. At lower speeds it seems pretty impressive though, so I’m wondering if it’s the expected wind noise and tyre noise, combined with the larger cabin. The tyres are almost brand new, Michelin Primacy 3 225/55 R18s all round and have done probably a couple of thousand miles. Just curious if any other GX owners think the same, or have had chance to compare the GX’s cabin noise with other SUVs? I’m wondering if it’s the thrummy 1.2 3 cylinder engine that adds to the noise and whether the 1.6 4 cylinder Hybrid might be quieter. Not sure whether I should consider other similar price SUVs for a quieter ride, or whether the GX is classed as quiet?

Thanks
Simon

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Simon

I owned a Mokka X before my Grandland X and I haven't noticed any difference in road noise or cabin noise. I guess it how Vauxhall SUVs are because of the bigger wheels and higher ride height . It might be other makes are more refined.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post