Tailgate opening options

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Ido Wolfson

Post by Ido Wolfson »

Greetings

My name is Ido I live in Israel and I purchased a Granland X vehicle from 2019 automatic transmission, model Innovation.

In Israel, it is customary to check the trunk at the entrance to malls for Security requirements.

When I try to open the tailgate by long pressing on the smart key, unfortunately it is not possible
Vehicle condition – stopping, the gear lever is on P, the door lock button is off (doors open).

The only way to open the tailgate when I'm sitting in the car, is when the engine is not running.

I asked if the situation could be improved as it caused delays in the queue at the entrance to the mall.

Thanks in advance

Ido

Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

I have the Hybrid 4 version and can confirm that my car behaves in the same way as yours.
I have to be in 'P' park and with the engine off before a long-press on the electronic key will open the tailgate.
I was surpried that I could open and close the tailgate without leaving my seat.
A short delay occurs when applying the footbrake and pressing the 'Start' button. Hardly causing any hold-up.

I suggest that Opel are being cautious to protect you from long delays at security check-points.

Page 34 of the PDF Owners Manual says: -
General hints for operating tailgate.
Danger
Do not drive with the tailgate open or ajar, e.g. when transporting bulky objects, since toxic exhaust gases, which cannot be seen or smelled,
could enter the vehicle. This can cause unconsciousness and even death
2020 Hybrid 4
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

+1 for this being annoying!!! I've found no solution...
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post