NEW GRANDLAND ELITE/DELIVERY TIMES..

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

DaPa wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:05 pm Yes, my car will be 3yr old in December '22.

I also like the look of the new car, I think they have improved on the general looks of the car and due to be out of warranty.

With the new one I will have a full 3 years of warranty, just in case they have not sorted the wet timing belt issue out :)
Fair enough.
I agree they have made some good improvements.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Kitkat8617

Post by Kitkat8617 »

I had a look at the new Grandland at my local dealer
It was top of the range Ultimate
Very disappointed!
Spec not as good as my 2019 Sport Nav
For instance:- no dual boot floor
No rear seat release catches
No blind spot detection
Colour coded rear bumper including top of bumper where luggage goes in and out
This will become scratched!
Front parking sensors way
too low
Alloy wheels nowhere near as nice looking
No chrome strip running over the doors etc
Black roof rails which are painted and will easily scratch also nowhere to clip rails to(i.e.no attachment holes above doors)
Digital dash looks cheap with plain black plastic shroud
All in all I will NOT change my present Grandland for a vehicle which I consider inferior
Kitkat8617

Post by Kitkat8617 »

Just adding to my last post
Forgot to mention missing catches in boot area to hold up boot floor(really useful in my 2019 Grandland)
Blank space for missing switch on centre console above gear lever/automatic shifter
Really hate blanks!
This was the ultimate spec vehicle
Heaven knows what they have deleted from lesser models in the range!!
DaPa

Post by DaPa »

Kitkat8617 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:11 pm I had a look at the new Grandland at my local dealer
It was top of the range Ultimate
Very disappointed!
Spec not as good as my 2019 Sport Nav
For instance:- no dual boot floor
No rear seat release catches
No blind spot detection
Colour coded rear bumper including top of bumper where luggage goes in and out
This will become scratched!
Front parking sensors way
too low
Alloy wheels nowhere near as nice looking
No chrome strip running over the doors etc
Black roof rails which are painted and will easily scratch also nowhere to clip rails to(i.e.no attachment holes above doors)
Digital dash looks cheap with plain black plastic shroud
All in all I will NOT change my present Grandland for a vehicle which I consider inferior
This is quite true in what you say.

But, this is not just Vauxhall, it appears to happen with all makes of vehicles, it is obviously a cost-cutting exercise.

DaPa
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I decided to keep my Grandland in the end after 3 years had passed. Passed its MOT for the second time with flying colours and serviced last week no issues.

The spec means a lot to me and gets used daily, I wont despec from what I have. Shocking that The Ultimate isnt so ultimate these days so in effect they will never meet my expectations. I guess thats the thing with launch models, I was lucky to locate one.
Jase
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Daz

Post by Daz »

:?: Hi, ordered Grandland elite on 01/10/2021.Could anybody give us a clue as to when I might get delivery of this vehicle. The dealership(wilson+Co) haven't bothered keeping me informed of anything. Thanks.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HI Daz and Welcome to the forum.

Time frames are varying much more than normal due to part and chip shortages.
Your dealership should be able to give you a timeframe to when your car should be available.
If your not having much luck with them then try contacting Vauxhall Customer care who may be able to help you get this information.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
premkn

Post by premkn »

Ordered mine Mid August 2021, no update from Dealership, apart from no date as yet every month since, have lodged via CEOs office, and they are much more responsive, have got an April 25th delivery date from them. So i ordered the Elite, but there is no Hybrid elite anymore, only GSLine & Ultimate. https://www.vauxhallfleet.co.uk/histori ... oc-id/2463

"Further to your email received on Thursday 3rd February.

We contacted Vauxhall Production regarding the build date for the upgraded vehicle and can confirm the earliest estimated build date advised is April 2022.

I will continue to monitor the progress and update you in a months time, before close of business on Thursday 10th March 2022.

We appreciate your patience and should you require assistance prior to the above date, please reply to our email and I will be happy to help."

So have asked if its confirmed if i;m getting a free upgrade from the Elite to the Ultimate, there are a few differences.
Waiting

Post by Waiting »

I ordered the elite motability also dealer has told me will be upgraded to ultimate but not trusting this and still no delivery date either
Carpfisher

Post by Carpfisher »

Ordered our new Grandland Ultimate yesterday the 24th and was told delivery would be probably mid September. We have been using the same salesman for the last 12 plus years had 4 cars and found him upfront regarding delivery times. He said he is currently waiting on nearly 200 cars himself not the dealership and not all Grandland but a clue that delays are right across the range and other makers can’t even guarantee the car would even be made because of them changing models and moving to electric vehicles he did mention the combo was due for replacement and some orders wouldn’t be delivered.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post