Satnav and Infotainment system update

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
stewart21

Post by stewart21 »

Can anybody tell me how to update my Satnav and Infotainment system on my Grandland 2018 ? Thanks in anticipation

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

stewart21 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:23 pm Can anybody tell me how to update my Satnav and Infotainment system on my Grandland 2018 ? Thanks in anticipation
Hi stewart21 Please see the topic on the link below for how to update The Satnav and Infotainment system.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=708&p=6324#p6324
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
daveb1089

Post by daveb1089 »

Hi all, there doesn’t seem to be much said about the latest update. Is it worth doing? Is it a downgrade as suggested? What actually has it affected/improved. I have just booked a major service with Vauxhall, yes I know, but I have their extended warranty, so just in case anything untoward happens, it’s belt and braces!!! In actual fact, their price is reasonable for a major service £329.00 with 1 years breakdown service thrown in. I asked them about any updates and they said there aren’t any. I’ve had the car for 9 months and it hasn’t seen a garage, so unless they have been updated O.T.A., Vauxhall (garage) are either inept, or lying. I have copied the update numbers, so when I work out how to check them in the car and as I expect, they will be the earlier ones, I’ll confront Vauxhall (garage) and see what their excuse is. Unless of course, someone on here advises against updating!!!
Grandland X 1.2 20 (70) Elite Nav Premium Turbo, LED Headlights, 8 Speed Gearbox. Moon Roof 19” wheels, Folding/Dipping Door Mirrors, Heated and Ventilated Leather Seats, Heated Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. Foot-kicker Boot Opener, Blue
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi daveb1089.
I have always updated mine and never had any problems.
Depending on what version you currently have. I feel its worth doing.
Most of the updates you don't see any changes.
The only update that I saw a change was when it changed the font colour to white due to the previous versions you were not able to see it clearly.
Most dealerships aren't aware of the updates I have found.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
daveb1089

Post by daveb1089 »

Thank you @GrandlandX68 for the reply. I don’t have the facilities to update myself, hence the enquiry to the Vauxhall garage. I will take it up with them when the car goes in for its service and see what they say. When I inquired about updating the software, they seemed rather vague, which probably ties in with your comments.
Grandland X 1.2 20 (70) Elite Nav Premium Turbo, LED Headlights, 8 Speed Gearbox. Moon Roof 19” wheels, Folding/Dipping Door Mirrors, Heated and Ventilated Leather Seats, Heated Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. Foot-kicker Boot Opener, Blue
Dave296

Post by Dave296 »

Whilst not strictly an update problem, I picked up my new 1.2 GS line automatic yesterday. I have set up my radio stations, but I cannot get my I pod recognised by the system when plugged into the USB port. I never had this problem with the Grandland X It was just plug it in and away you go. Anybody any suggestions please to a bit of a technophobe!!?
martinianpaul

Post by martinianpaul »

Well, whatever you do, don't use the Vauxhall / Opel update app. The download takes forever and then it can't transfer more than 10% of the file to the USB drive.

Download the zip file and manually copy the license key and the files across.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post