Heated screen

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Shauns65

Post by Shauns65 »

Hi all, i purchased a 22 plate off the forecourt 13 days ago and it was meant to have a heated screen, the button is there and it lights up, but for the life of me i can't see any elements in the screen and it certainly doesn't get warm.

Tomorrow is my 14th day and the last to reject the car, do you have a heated screen and are the elements visible? i've jusr driven a 2022 Astra and the are.

Thanks

geoff3521

Post by geoff3521 »

Hi
If it has a heated windscreen you need to look closely at the screen and you will see very fine elements all down it, they are not obvious unless you look closely
1.5 TD tech line nav 2019 68 reg. Jasper Grey
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I find the easiest way to spot them is with the car facing the sun, they give off a rainbow-ish colour.
Hope this helps
Shauns65

Post by Shauns65 »

Thanks for that, i've just gone back to my dealer and confirmed that my car must be a misbuild, it has the buttons for a heated screen but plain glass. they'll have to replace my windscreen or take the car back.
geoff3521

Post by geoff3521 »

Hi shaun65
Keep us updated as to what the dealer says, as never heard of a misbuild before?
1.5 TD tech line nav 2019 68 reg. Jasper Grey
Cammy

Post by Cammy »

geoff3521 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:05 pm Hi shaun65
Keep us updated as to what the dealer says, as never heard of a misbuild before?
Misbuild is just jargon for using whatever parts are lying around to complete the build.
Shauns65

Post by Shauns65 »

Looks like i'll be going for a 14 day refund, the dealer sent me a pic of another Grandland windscreen and swears blind that the 4 lines alone on the left of the screen are the only heater elements for the whole screen, more like a DAB antenna to me.

windscreen1[663].jpg

huffy

Post by huffy »

I had my windscreen replaced a few weeks ago, I had to wait a while as there were none in the country. The chap that fitted it said the same as you, the four lines are the DAB antenna. Mine is also heated, but I can't see the heating elements at all.
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

So temp was -5 this morning I tried my heated screen and found the couple of lines on the left were the only signs of heat....surely that's not what we're supposed to believe is a heated screen!
GRANDLAND X ULTIMATE HYBRID 4WD
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Mine has the front heated screen. Grandland X snow model 2019. You can see zig-zag lines every few millimetres spaced running down from top to bottom. I have the switch to the console and only stays activated for a few minutes, unlike the rear heated screen that lasts for approx 10-15 minutes. It does however clear the screen really quickly, tried the other morning with thick ice and melted this within seconds, so I’m assuming the heating elements on the front screen are hotter. I tried to take a pic of how it looks but an iPhone camera isn’t good enough for micro images.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post