Tyre pressures

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Groovyblues

Post by Groovyblues »

Evening all,

What pressures are you running your tyres at?

Looking to see if I can eek out any extra mileage! Every little helps, especially given the current situation. I’ve got a 67 plate 1.2 petrol on 17” wheels.

I can’t complain at my mpg, regularly return over 50mpg average on A and B roads, with about 5-10 miles of town/city driving either end with a 50-60 mile round trip commute each day depending on the route. I can even get up to 57/58 mpg sticking to the motorway.

At the moment my pressures are at the recommended pressure (which at this very moment in time escapes my memory), but curious to see if anyone has increased and benefitted from fuel saving? Or could it increase wear in the centre of the tyre.

It’ll be interesting to see your thoughts. Apologies if this has already been brought up elsewhere on here.

Thanks,

ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I have mine set at 32psi and they seem fine, not too hard or too soft.
Hope this helps
Tony211053

Post by Tony211053 »

Hi Groovyblues

According to the owners manual for the 17" wheel up to 3 passengers 30psi front and back.

I have 18" on my 1.2 auto and it recommends 32psi which I find is spot on giving me an even wear across the full width of the tyre, so I think you will have the optimum pressure at 30psi.

I have found if I go harder with the state of the roads these days the ride is definitely not so smooth or comfortable.

I know fuel is expensive at present but the premature wear of tyres (which in themselves are expensive for a good make) I am not sure of the advantage of running them harder.

This is my own personal preference of course but hopefully gives you food for thought.

Happy motoring
daveb1089

Post by daveb1089 »

I have the 19” wheels and run mine at 35 psi all round. I find this a comfortable pressure for me with one up.
Each to their own I guess.
Grandland X 1.2 20 (70) Elite Nav Premium Turbo, LED Headlights, 8 Speed Gearbox. Moon Roof 19” wheels, Folding/Dipping Door Mirrors, Heated and Ventilated Leather Seats, Heated Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. Foot-kicker Boot Opener, Blue
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I have 18" and 36 all round suits me with frequently mixed loads
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I have 18" wheels with the IntelliGrip Adaptive Traction system which I put 32 PSI.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Hi fellow Grandlanders, on my 1.2 Elite I run on 19 inch wheels with 32 psi normally but it all depends on weight and conditions. Also have just had new Continental Contisport tyres fitted all round i.e. like for like. The existing tyres have done circa 25000 miles which is not too bad. Anyway I think the tyre pressures stated are in the correct. Enjoy the ride

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post