Foot pedals

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Dowler

Post by Dowler »

So got my 1.6 diesel Sports nav auto in amethyst last Friday... not too bad but I’m finding some problems with the pedals being too close together .... often I’ve caught the edge of the accelerator whilst braking... not to mention the screaming mice every time I do brake!
And pulling to left and....and.... whole host of other niggles.
Wondered if anybody else had pedals/braking/pulling issues?
And is it just me that the diesel is very sluggish from moving off? :o
It’s going back Friday anyway!!!
Maybe it’s a poets car?? :shock:

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Hey Dowler, welcome on board!

Some of these things I guess we get used to with a new car....but Im interested in the problem you are having with the car pulling to the left...Im finding the steering very light. At first I thought it was because I was coming from a heavier car (antara) but tbh my wife has mentioned the same thing - light steering and even going over the centre lines the car seems to pull in the direction of the lines and not entirely stay straight.
How are you finding this?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Dowler

Post by Dowler »

Hi Jase.... it’s nice to think that but I’m finding more issues every time I take her out 😩
Yes the steering is very light and mine is definitely pulling to the left for no reason!
I should have stuck with Mercedes I think
huffy

Post by huffy »

Possibly a silly question, but this pulling to the left isn't the "Lane keep assist" activating is it. It does tend to be quite proactive!
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Dowler

Post by Dowler »

Not sure if it’s the lane assist....doubtful as I was within the lines anyway.

Engine has been non-responsive though on quite a few occasions when pulling away....

Not very happy..... dealer will be getting the brunt of my wrath tomorrow though 😡
Dowler

Post by Dowler »

Oh.... and the boots pi$$ing me off big time!!

The sensor works when it feels like it as dies the fobs.... aaaaargh

So much for a new car 😳
JESSJOHN

Post by JESSJOHN »

Good morning
We have a grandland x and I fide the clutch pedal is too close to the brake pedal and the foot rest ,I have tried different shoes but I still keep catching either the foot rest or the brake pedal when pressing the clutch in ,is there anything that can be done it is a brand new car and is going to cause a mishap at some point ,please let me know
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

My next Grandland will definitely be an automatic! Like you I came from a series of Vauxhalls, having only ever had VX's since I past my test. First car was a Cavalier, then an Omega, a Vectra, a Corsa, an Insignia and an Astra GTC. This is the only Vauxhall I've owned where it just does not feel like a Vauxhall to drive as far as the foot controls go. I guess that's because it's the Peugeot group, I find it difficult to come off the clutch smoothly and I found I have to put my seat back a little bit further than I normally would in order to get smoother control. Pedals are quite dainty and as you say the clutch is oddly positioned and has a sharp take up. Still love it though!

Simon