Pheasant damage

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

This the damage to the front grill from hitting the pheasant the other day. Took it into my dealers body shop for a quote yesterday. Just received the email from them - £422 !!!

The grill is so thin it looks like it would break very easily so be careful of pheasants!!

I've got no option but to pay it so have given them the go ahead to do the work.

Ouch !!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2

satellitemandaz

Post by satellitemandaz »

Yes they do look like they could break easy I noticed that went I wash it , has any one seen anywhere cheap for spares yet?
Sport NAV 1.2T diamond cut wheels, topaz blue, upgrades side steps, wind deflectors, mud flaps.
Bhoywonder

Post by Bhoywonder »

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the grill as I want to paint the chrome pieces and Griffin badge?
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Bhoywonder wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:44 pm Hi, does anyone know how to remove the grill as I want to paint the chrome pieces and Griffin badge?
Very interested in doing that myself. Only bit of info I managed to get so far is the following diagram.

Front Bumper + Grill.jpg

If you find out how to do it then let me know! :)
Bhoywonder

Post by Bhoywonder »

Hey Vayerr, the lower foglight pieces basically fall off but the grill pair and Griffin badge are a whole different proposition. I tried and broke a clip. Didn't want to break anymore so thought about taking grill off, had a couple attempts but not so straightforward as corsa d so tried masking, not happy with result. Looks like the front end might have to come off but surely there is an easier. If anyone knows any help would be great.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Bhoywonder wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:10 am Hey Vayerr, the lower foglight pieces basically fall off but the grill pair and Griffin badge are a whole different proposition. I tried and broke a clip. Didn't want to break anymore so thought about taking grill off, had a couple attempts but not so straightforward as corsa d so tried masking, not happy with result. Looks like the front end might have to come off but surely there is an easier. If anyone knows any help would be great.
Hey. Yeah the front fogs are easy to take off. Had them off to fit LED fog lights. Hopefully we'll find a way to take the grill off without breaking anything.